Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Fisker Karma EcoChic Hybrid Silver Wind Exterior on Glacier Tri-Tone Interior
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deciding to change out thermostat as my next step to get water circulation and avoid HCT light to come on. Does someone have the specs and maybe where to purchase? Is it a standard GM thermostat or?

Thank You for the help

Joe

·
Premium Member
2012 Fisker Karma EcoChic Hybrid Silver Wind Exterior on Glacier Tri-Tone Interior
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s a dealership item GM ecotect motor what makes you the thermostat is bad
Perfect timing as I just got things figured out. I just jumped to maybe the thermostat not opening after several attempts last friday to drive more than 3 miles without getting the High Coolant Light and building up heat only around the top hose discharge. Went back and reread all High Temperature Coolant posts and never found a mention of a thremostat ever being an issue but read more and more posts about burping the system solved the problem. Well ... after attempts 3,4 and 5 to fill and burp .. I'm running cool at 200-205 degrees with little pressure at the cap and good circulation. Appears I just did not have the patience getting excited to drive the car for the first time after ICE fan replacment. Thanks Harleyguy for the support.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts