Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

today I started the engine, the battery was full.
the engine started and then stopped, and in every 3 sec started again and stopped. what is that? :huh:
anyone has any suggestion?
thanks

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Software issue most likely. Turn the car off, let it do a soft reset, then turn it back on.

I should also ask if the CEL is on?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,

thanks your reply.
I still doesnt have owners manual, so can you help me how can I to reset a software? and what is the CEL ?:s:huh:
really thanks for your help
regards
David

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Hello,

thanks your reply.
I still doesnt have owners manual, so can you help me how can I to reset a software? and what is the CEL ?:s:huh:
really thanks for your help
regards
David

@tdavid: You can download all the manuals from here: http://www.fiskeraustria.at/index.php/owners

CEL (Also called MIL) is the Check Engine light. It can come on for a variety of reasons. In the Karma is comes up in place of the digital speed indicator and stays on until it is cleared.

The problem you are experiencing is fairly common. It happens when the engine is turned on by the computer at regular intervals, and also when you refuel the car. If this happens when you are in stop-and-go traffic, the start/stop program will start fighting with the program that requested that the engine be turned on over whether the engine should be on or off. As a result, the engine keeps going on and off. The best way to stop this is to get out of stop-and-go traffic long enough for the engine to warm up. Once that happens, the computer shuts down the engine and everything is back to normal. If that's not possible, then you should just ignore it until the engine goes out again.

A soft reset consists of turning the car off and locking the doors and then waiting until the lights on the gear selector (also called the PRNDL) go out. It usually takes about two minutes after you lock the doors.

Hope this helps. Also, feel free to use the search function to find more information, since all of this has been discussed numerous times before.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do you know any program or diagnostic equipment to diagnose all problem in the car so we dont have to take the car all the time to the service!? thanks

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
do you know any program or diagnostic equipment to diagnose all problem in the car so we dont have to take the car all the time to the service!? thanks
Unfortunately codes can be read with a generic reader but the right way is having it read by a Fisker dealer

·
Registered
79 Posts
You Fab are one heck of an asset to this forum, it never ceases to amaze me to observe your generosity to help everybody - the new FA should hire you for customers relation, you could bring this brand back to its former glory single handedly - but, they probably couldn't afford you ......... :)

I hope you stick around for a long time.........!!

@tdavid: You can download all the manuals from here: http://www.fiskeraustria.at/index.php/owners

CEL (Also called MIL) is the Check Engine light. It can come on for a variety of reasons. In the Karma is comes up in place of the digital speed indicator and stays on until it is cleared.

The problem you are experiencing is fairly common. It happens when the engine is turned on by the computer at regular intervals, and also when you refuel the car. If this happens when you are in stop-and-go traffic, the start/stop program will start fighting with the program that requested that the engine be turned on over whether the engine should be on or off. As a result, the engine keeps going on and off. The best way to stop this is to get out of stop-and-go traffic long enough for the engine to warm up. Once that happens, the computer shuts down the engine and everything is back to normal. If that's not possible, then you should just ignore it until the engine goes out again.

A soft reset consists of turning the car off and locking the doors and then waiting until the lights on the gear selector (also called the PRNDL) go out. It usually takes about two minutes after you lock the doors.

Hope this helps. Also, feel free to use the search function to find more information, since all of this has been discussed numerous times before.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
You Fab are one heck of an asset to this forum, it never ceases to amaze me to observe your generosity to help everybody - the new FA should hire you for customers relation, you could bring this brand back to its former glory single handedly - but, they probably couldn't afford you ......... :)

I hope you stick around for a long time.........!!
Thank you for the kind words. :blush:

I am passionate about this car and try to contribute from my own experience to help others appreciate and enjoy these cars as much as I have. And I will stick around as long as I can.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thank you for the kind words. :blush:

I am passionate about this car and try to contribute from my own experience to help others appreciate and enjoy these cars as much as I have. And I will stick around as long as I can.
Keep on "stickin" Fab. I also appreciate your generous and pointed discussion style. You recognize our concerns and guide us gently in the right direction. Love the car and the support of this forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts