Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a wonderful day driving in Los Angeles heat, parked at home, engine stayed on a little while, then turned off. Plugged in and went back 2 hours later. Won't start. All lights come on, except engine Error symbol and won't drive or engage gears. Car feel hot, but not sure what to do. Ugh! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
After a wonderful day driving in Los Angeles heat, parked at home, engine stayed on a little while, then turned off. Plugged in and went back 2 hours later. Won't start. All lights come on, except engine Error symbol and won't drive or engage gears. Car feel hot, but not sure what to do. Ugh! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

So when you press the start button the car turns on "Amber" but not "Green" for On? If that is the case, I would unplug it and do a hard reset (pulling the plug connection over the passenger tire in the engine), wait 3 minutes and reconnect. That's what I had to do to get my car back after a faulty charge. Just a thought, but IDK.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At the time it turned on green, but engine Error icon showed up. I Since did a reset and works fine now. Today, I heard/felt a humming sound which occurred the day when it wouldn't start. I turned off AC and it went away. Turned AC back on and after 5 to 10 minutes, it came back. Not sure if that is connected to the engine Error message or something else. Checking with my mechanic, but appreciate any input you may have. Thank you

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
At the time it turned on green, but engine Error icon showed up. I Since did a reset and works fine now. Today, I heard/felt a humming sound which occurred the day when it wouldn't start. I turned off AC and it went away. Turned AC back on and after 5 to 10 minutes, it came back. Not sure if that is connected to the engine Error message or something else. Checking with my mechanic, but appreciate any input you may have. Thank you

I would guess the AC condenser, but I bet there are few threads on it here. I hate telling people to search, but you might want too. I know your pain!

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
I would guess the AC condenser, but I bet there are few threads on it here. I hate telling people to search, but you might want too. I know your pain!
How would the condenser cause this type of problem you need to read what an AC condenser does .

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts

The check engine light wont cause the car not to go into ready mode you might be dealing with two problems. First and the most important is to put the car into ready mode and make sure the green ready light isn't flashing.
If the car goes into ready mode turn the AC on also make sure the car is in Stealth mode open the hood and listen under the hood for the electric cooling fan make sure it comes on its attached to the radiator and it's fairly loud also make sure you AC fan speed is set pretty high. If the fan comes on place you hand on the HV battery coolant tank that's the tank in the middle front. If you feel a bad vibration and or hear the fan really noisy the fan blade has rubbed though the shroud.
They known to stop working all together or the blade cracking.Most of the time a customer will complain that the AC is hot driving around town but gets colder when driving the car at higher speeds it gets colder. The cooling fan must run on Engine all the time of the car will overheat since it cools the radiator and the condenser. In Stealth mode it cools the condenser . Any car in the world no matter Hybrid or pure electric or gas needs a cooling fan .
Also check the left side coolant tank the one on the drivers side see if its low on coolant.
Since you mentioned the noise and or vibration goes away when you turn the AC OFF the fan has damage. Let us know what you find

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks so much for the information. I will check it out and get back to you soon

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just did what you recommended and everything seems to be OK. I guess when it wouldn't start, it was way too hot outside and needed to cool down. Thank you again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts