Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having bought my Fisker in May, and after finally sorting out the tite deeds, shipping agents and fighting with the DVLA (UK DoT), I finally got my super car yesterday. The only problem is that the engine malfunction light came on yesterday as the 12v battery was virtually flat. On my F150, I was able to switch off the light by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. Is this an option on the Fisker and is it easy to do?The reason I'm asking is that there is no way that I can access a fault code as we have no dealers in the UK - unless someone can suggest a way to do it.

Fred from England

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Fred
Yes if you have no other choice you can do a reset of the car and hopefully the light will reset .Before you do a hard reset you might want to stop by any local garage and check with them if they have a generic code ready . The OBD connector is located under the left side dash panel at the bottom its a black plug . I suggest you try that first if that doesn't work open the hood on the right side of the engine bay you will notice a black plug located on top of the right side fender disconnect that plug for a minute or two . After plugging it back together you will need to calibrate the windows and parking brake hold the window switches up let the windows close fully and keep holding the window switches in the up position for a sec or two the parking brake is calibrated by keeping your foot on the brake and setting the parking brake on then off that's all you need to do

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you are in the UK, and can't get it figured out, I can certainly do an OBD read for you (with generic fault codes - don't have Fisker Specific) and perform the hard reset. Although I'm not willing to travel to do it, I'm happy to help for free.

If you need to contact me, drop me a PM

·
Registered
47 Posts
Harleyguy - helpful as normal. What would I do without you?

Cheers Fred

Binthere, thanks for the offer, if my guys can't do it, I'll get in touch.

Thanks Fred

·
Registered
913 Posts
You can also get a cheap OBD-II reader / reset-er on Amazon. I have one and have used it to reset the "gas cap goof-up" type error. (I got two of these, both right after filling the gas/petrol tank with my usual procedure: let automatic shutoff work, then squeeze in a few extra oz/ml of gas/petrol to get the price to a nice round number. "They", whoever "they" are, say not to do this. It's never been a problem on my previous cars but the Karma is a little more finicky! So I have modified my procedure now, and have had no more gas-cap "check engine" lights since then.)

(US/UK names/measurements listed/alternated for/to avoid/help confusion/translation. :D)

·
Registered
483 Posts
engine light on after a low 12 volt battery? Sounds normal.

charge the 12 volt, disconnect & reconnect the battery negative cable and be on your way.

this is the one situation where it is ok to do this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
so my check engine light went on in sport mode while cruising on the highway
Im pretty sure its a fault in the motor
if the soft reboot does not work and it didnt after the car slept all night, will a hard reboot work? lmk if anyone knows
thanks

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
so my check engine light went on in sport mode while cruising on the highway
Im pretty sure its a fault in the motor
if the soft reboot does not work and it didnt after the car slept all night, will a hard reboot work? lmk if anyone knows
thanks
Hard reset might get rid of the CEL but you will loose what ever fault code was stored .

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
any suggestions?
would that $240 TRIcare OBD-2 help?
lmkthanks so much!
Depending on which system requested the code it will read and clear it but it's a generic code which is hard to convert to a Fisker code . You can spend $25.00 and get a code reader Amazon has them .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Depending on which system requested the code it will read and clear it but it's a generic code which is hard to convert to a Fisker code . You can spend $25.00 and get a code reader Amazon has them .
wow
if you're a fisker mechanic, maybe one day, when I get some more money I can fly you to hawaii and just chit chat and work on the car.

For me I do like this car despite the faults

For anyone reading this, henrik fisker says that its a touring car, NOT a sports car. I think if your don't put stress or take the car to its limits, you should be ok

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had a problem with my engine warning light and a German Fisker owner gave me the solution:

- Do not plug in the power
- close the doors with key
- wait about 2 Min until the system is completely down (after ca. 1 Min. the mirrors flap in, after ca. another Min. the Gear-Lights, the little pyramid, goes out)
- plug the power in
- don't use the key before you next time plug it out.

That worked for my problem last time. So nothing else to do than just waiting for two minutes before plugging in

·
Registered
65 Posts
Im looking on anazon, which OBD reader? any one?
Personally, I just went down to a local auto store and got one for $80. Probably more than I really needed but it pulled all the codes and I was able to see what was going on. You can post the codes here and maybe someone will tell you exactly what they are.

I get the CEL pretty frequently and after three shutdown and charges it always goes away. I have a bad cell in my battery which seems to be causing my CEL most frequently.

Good luck.
-jeff

·
Registered
14 Posts
Personally, I just went down to a local auto store and got one for $80. Probably more than I really needed but it pulled all the codes and I was able to see what was going on. You can post the codes here and maybe someone will tell you exactly what they are.

I get the CEL pretty frequently and after three shutdown and charges it always goes away. I have a bad cell in my battery which seems to be causing my CEL most frequently.

Good luck.
-jeff

Thanks
You're the man

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
It had been over a year and a half since my last MIL/CEL, but a couple of weeks ago I got one. It came on while in sport mode. After about a week, it went away only to return the second time the ICE came on. I read the codes and I think it's P0014 that's tripping it. The other codes that came up are:
P0014
POD24
P0AC4
P04EE
P1CBF
P1CBE
I have an appointment with Frank Kent Fisker for next Wednesday. Anybody have any insight?

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
It had been over a year and a half since my last MIL/CEL, but a couple of weeks ago I got one. It came on while in sport mode. After about a week, it went away only to return the second time the ICE came on. I read the codes and I think it's P0014 that's tripping it. The other codes that came up are:
P0014
POD24
P0AC4
P04EE
P1CBF
P1CBE
I have an appointment with Frank Kent Fisker for next Wednesday. Anybody have any insight?
If I had to guess which I will might be a Evap code .

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
wow
if you're a fisker mechanic, maybe one day, when I get some more money I can fly you to hawaii and just chit chat and work on the car.

For me I do like this car despite the faults

For anyone reading this, henrik fisker says that its a touring car, NOT a sports car. I think if your don't put stress or take the car to its limits, you should be ok
PM sent

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
The book that came with my reader says: P0014 Camshaft Position Actuator B- Bank 1 Timing Over-Advanced

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
The book that came with my reader says: P0014 Camshaft Position Actuator B- Bank 1 Timing Over-Advanced
Interesting have you tried clearing that code to see if that's the code that actually set the check eng light . Just because you find codes it's just important to know what module actually called for the light to come on . It might be the cause just giving you a heads up you can't imagine when I get a karma in how many ghost codes are stored

1 - 20 of 33 Posts