Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parked at a local grocery store yesterday and ended up next to another Karma, it had Manufacturer plates so I went into the store wondering who from Corp. was inside. When I came out, the Corp. person happened to also be walking to his Karma. We exchanged car info and ended up having a very, very nice conversation. He was nice enough to share quite a bit of info about what is coming. I'm purposely vague on some points as some of the information was more detailed but I promised to hold it in confidence. Here are the cool high points of our brief parking lot meeting:

1) Things with the company are going to be fine...dealership closing are being addressed and plans are already in the works for cities like San Diego. The overall financial outlook for Fisker is going to be fine...stand by.

2) I got a quick look at the upcoming software update...AWESOME.
Huge improvement on the Command Screen. Visibility, contrast, FONT SIZE (Clock), icons, etc. all updated and look great. Noticeably faster and small things like problems with iPhone bumping the screen and folding your mirrors have been addressed.

Overall this gentleman was a great brand ambassador for Fisker and was just a very nice guy to bump into. Hang in there Fisker owners...good/great things are coming our way.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Nice to hear! Wish you could say who it was, would be interesting to know if you ran into someone I knew :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Great to hear - thanks for sharing!

We deserve a better dealer in San Diego than that crummy Buick dealer anyway. Can't wait to hear who is waiting in the wings.

·
Registered
39 Posts
HAHa....crummy Buick Dealer? Before booting Fisker, mine was a 50 year old Ford dealer. Almost made decide not to buy the car....now I am wishing I had forfeited my deposit.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Never knew that Fisker dealerships were with car lines like Ford and Buick from what understood Fisker was teaming up with dealerships that carried more of high line cars .

·
Early Adopter
1,255 Posts
HAHa....crummy Buick Dealer? Before booting Fisker, mine was a 50 year old Ford dealer. Almost made decide not to buy the car....now I am wishing I had forfeited my deposit.
Are you from Northen va?

·
Early Adopter
1,255 Posts
Never knew that Fisker dealerships were with car lines like Ford and Buick from what understood Fisker was teaming up with dealerships that carried more of high line cars .
I bought mine from an established ford dealer, and did my paperwork in a ford show room with one of the owners. I was told of the great pans and how they were building a Fisker spec'd showroom, but it stood there idle as a used car lot throught my relationship with until abruptly they shut down and won't even service the car anymore -- that should of been my first clue of the things to come. I hope the rumors are true that Fisker will right itself ...

·
Registered
164 Posts
”I got a quick look at the upcoming software update...AWESOME.
Huge improvement on the Command Screen. Visibility, contrast, FONT SIZE (Clock), icons, etc. all updated and look great. Noticeably faster and small things like problems with iPhone bumping the screen and folding your mirrors have been addressed.”

@jrocks: Sounds as a very productive parking lot meeting. Just couple of questions for current depressed owners such as myself... Were the command center improvements you are describing already installed on his car and you were able to verify? Or was he describing it with Steve Jobs' imagination? Also, was there any date mentioned when these miraculous improvements find their way to car's owners? And was there any reason given why HF decided to leave on such short notice?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nin Ja - Yes, I am in Northern Virginia. SOunds like we had the same revelation about our dealer in Fairfax. I am pissed that nobody called me. They only sold 13 cars, how f-ing hard can it be to call 13 customers. Where in VA are you? I"m in Ashburn. There is another red car in Reston.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
They only sold 13 cars, how f-ing hard can it be to call 13 customers.
Totally agree. I guess you also have now checked Ford off you wish list. Incredible how stupid companies that spend so much money on advertising misses the important cheap marketing opportunities. Keep your customers informed. Fisker could have done a better job in this department too.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Huge improvement on the Command Screen. Visibility, contrast, FONT SIZE (Clock), icons, etc. all updated and look great. Noticeably faster and small things like problems with iPhone bumping the screen and folding your mirrors have been addressed.”

@jrocks: Sounds as a very productive parking lot meeting. Just couple of questions for current depressed owners such as myself... Were the command center improvements you are describing already installed on his car and you were able to verify? Or was he describing it with Steve Jobs' imagination? Also, was there any date mentioned when these miraculous improvements find their way to car's owners? And was there any reason given why HF decided to leave on such short notice?
@Antonin: Other folks have had a chance to use this software in a car, so it's not (entirely) vaporware. Fisker is supposed to be releasing it this month, so I would think they are testing it right now. At least, that's the hope.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I wonder if they'll hold it until after an announcement. It would make sense to package an investment announcement with a product update to show how the company is still progressing.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

@Antonin: Actually saw the new software live on in his car. He went through a few of the screens...all real life.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm so skeptical of Fisker at this point that I have determined that it wasn't the Command Center you saw but a mock up on an iPad the guy had velcroed to the dash.

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
I'm so skeptical of Fisker at this point that I have determined that it wasn't the Command Center you saw but a mock up on an iPad the guy had velcroed to the dash.
I got a demo and played with the new UI in a Karma at Fisker HQ in January. I am under non-disclosure so I can't comment on what I saw other than to say it is real and it is much better. So no need to be skeptical. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts