Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi and best regards to the community!

I've bought my Karma last Fall and still haven't driven it even once. My local engineers after spending many-many hours to figure out what's wrong still haven't succeed.
They say that the only way to fix it is to find electronic diagrams of these parts and systems:
Hight voltage,
Hight voltage interlock,
Drive inverter,
Onboard charger,
dcdc.

Sorry if I'm not super precise. That's what they just told me to find.

Will be super grateful for any help with this!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Many people have asked for this in this forum. I don't think anyone was successful as the people that have that information want to make money off people. Sharing only happens when people are thoughtful of others and help others with no cost. I remember there is a guy on YouTube named Afternoon Garage. He did a fantastic series of videos on the Fisker Karma for free. He wanted no money, just to help others. I don't even think he has enough subscribers to get paid by YouTube. This kind of anti-sharing, anti-helping behavior is what forces a car brand to die a slow death as people are able to see nobody will help unless they flatbed their car to some repair shop on their dime. People stop buying the car and the value of the car goes in the toilet. We need more people helping others without expecting a return. Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many people have asked for this in this forum. I don't think anyone was successful as the people that have that information want to make money off people. Sharing only happens when people are thoughtful of others and help others with no cost. I remember there is a guy on YouTube named Afternoon Garage. He did a fantastic series of videos on the Fisker Karma for free. He wanted no money, just to help others. I don't even think he has enough subscribers to get paid by YouTube. This kind of anti-sharing, anti-helping behavior is what forces a car brand to die a slow death as people are able to see nobody will help unless they flatbed their car to some repair shop on their dime. People stop buying the car and the value of the car goes in the toilet. We need more people helping others without expecting a return. Good luck on your search.
I got you.
I don't mind to pay for this materials but don't even know any resource. That's the main problem.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Good discussion points. But remember, those shops had to invest a lot to be in the business: tooling, training, parts inventory, shop space, time, technical info, etc. Don’t you think they deserve a return on their investment? If they gave all the info away to us for free, how could not afford to help us?

I know one Fisker battery shop in Tucson,AZ has invested over $200,000 in all of the above, with the sole purpose of just helping fellow Fisker owners with battery repairs at a reasonable cost.

PS. The afternoon garage guy is a brave soul however I can guarantee he used substandard practices/processes in his work. The current owner of that Fisker (in the video) has a pending lawsuit against him for improper battery repair!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ouch! I thought that he owned that car in the video he was working on. He made it seem like he had been screwed over by other shops and the driveshaft came loose or something like that. If that car wasn't his, he sure drove it around a bunch and it is pictured in other videos on the Afternoon Garage channel. I watched the entire series on the battery repair and it appears this guy really knows what he is doing. The cell repair on the module was great, that repair was genius. He also had some other repairs he made for the shift mechanism and some wrap in a later date that would appear the same car. So the owner of that car had some repairs done, then it worked fine for a while and had more repairs done? Then he sued him for the battery repairs after more work was done? Something doesn't seem right here.

·
Super Moderator
44 Posts
Seems some cars have had a few owners and they all have their story and perspective.

Probably best to leave it at that.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Hi and best regards to the community!

I've bought my Karma last Fall and still haven't driven it even once. My local engineers after spending many-many hours to figure out what's wrong still haven't succeed.
They say that the only way to fix it is to find electronic diagrams of these parts and systems:
Hight voltage,
Hight voltage interlock,
Drive inverter,
Onboard charger,
dcdc.

Sorry if I'm not super precise. That's what they just told me to find.

Will be super grateful for any help with this!
I sent you a message.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts