Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was chatting with my dealer yesterday and he mentioned something in conversation I thought was interesting: Fisker had a large number (upwards of 50) unspoken for EcoStandard models already on the docks in New Jersey. It would seem that while they had leather or paint issues they kept the production line busy by producing EcoStandards.

These cars were made available to the dealers, and Fisker of Atlanta snapped up five of them and they have been delivered to the dealership. That means that Fisker of Atlanta has cars *in inventory* and available for immediate sale. I don't know where the other cars ended up. I also don't know anything about colors, but I'm going to guess they are Black or White exteriors, as those colors didn't seem to have any delays.

Fisker of Atlanta hasn't updated their webpage yet with the inventory specifics but you should be able to see them here eventually:
Fisker of Atlanta Inventory

My dealer is a bit conflicted about this - while he's disappointed that these cars are available even as his SE customers and other longtime deposit holders wait, he's happy he at least has cars on the lot he can sell. I imagine having more than one vehicle in stock also helps the sales process.

He offered to move me into one of these right away, but I waited this long for the Deep Ocean EcoSport. I can wait a little longer.

If you know of anyone looking to get into a car right away, point them to Fisker of Atlanta - or better yet, point them to me. The dealer offers a referral fee to anyone who sends over a customer who buys a Karma!

Brent
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
378 Posts
LonePalmBJ said:
Was chatting with my dealer yesterday and he mentioned something in conversation I thought was interesting: Fisker had a large number (upwards of 50) unspoken for EcoStandard models already on the docks in New Jersey. It would seem that while they had leather or paint issues they kept the production line busy by producing EcoStandards.
Brent, if I find someone interested in the base model I'll send them your way. I don't blame the company for keeping the production going, I wonder what the quality would be since they were probably some of the first production cars made with all of the wiring harness issues, etc. But any dealer would love to get their hands on these units for nothing else but to put them in the showroom. They'll sell. When's your deep ocean coming?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Deep Ocean said:
Brent, if I find someone interested in the base model I'll send them your way.

When's your deep ocean coming?
Thanks! If I refer a couple hundred buyers my Karma will be free :)

The latest communication with Fisker Corporate was, and I quote, "we are shooting for an absolute delivery date of your vehicle to be in January". And by delivery they mean my car at my hometown dealership. We'll see.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fisker Atlanta has added the following post to their facebook page:

Due to extra inventory from Fisker Automotive, Fisker of Atlanta has a very small number of Fisker Karmas available for sale TODAY!! This Karmas are here on our lot now and available for same day delivery. These are both EcoStandard models and are priced at $96,850.00. This could be your last chance to qualify for the $7500 tax credit for 2011. Call Jamin Workmaster at 404.825.1776 for more details!

They've also added some photos of the cars on Facebook:
Current Karmas for Sale
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,662 Posts
LonePalmBJ said:
The latest communication with Fisker Corporate was, and I quote, "we are shooting for an absolute delivery date of your vehicle to be in January".
It's funny how all the Fisker delivery dates are aspirational now; no more commitments, just hope.

-- Fab.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fabulist said:
It's funny how all the Fisker delivery dates are aspirational now; no more commitments, just hope.
Agreed.

That comment came from a message from Andy Lam at corporate, who as far as I can tell is a fairly junior guy tasked with the unenviable job of replying to all of the "where the hell is my car?" emails without the benefit of anything concrete to tell them. Fisker may also be learning that setting hard expectations leads to hard disappointments when they miss them.

I'm actually somewhat optimistic. Deep Ocean says his car has been painted, and that he's heard other Deep Ocean cars have as well. We'll see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
913 Posts
LonePalmBJ said:
... Fisker may also be learning that setting hard expectations leads to hard disappointments when they miss them.

I'm actually somewhat optimistic. Deep Ocean says his car has been painted, and that he's heard other Deep Ocean cars have as well. We'll see.
I have to imagine they also feel pretty bruised with all the things that have gone wrong. Leather destroyed in floods, paint that won't spray right, A123 calling up and saying "oops, sorry about that battery coolant thing"...

There was a news item just now saying they are continuing to produce 25 a day (assuming a 6 day work week that's the same 150 per week number as before) and hope to ramp it up to 60/week in the coming year.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
378 Posts
So my car is at the port in Europe. But with the battery thing they will probably fix it there and do the safety check. Good news for all deep ocean painted cars is that they seem to be moving along just fine. I have a few Duracells in the house, I can take care of the battery issue, just get me my car. :)
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top