Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who always has been using the easy entry/exit?

It´s a good thing but I am thinking if the motor will hold for
use everyday so turned my off.

·
Early Adopter
1,257 Posts
Michael said:
Anyone who always has been using the easy entry/exit?

It´s a good thing but I am thinking if the motor will hold for
use everyday so turned my off.
I tried usiNG it when I first got the car, it worked for a while and then one day it reset my presets - this was under 6.15. Seeing how temperamental the electronics, I have since reveret to just basic and essential functions , like temp, radio etc, and left all the other features off. I'm hoping to learn from others on what features work now that we have 6.28 :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
I use it every day all the time...Had the car since February...Before software upgrades easy entry would often not work...since upgrades has only failed to function once or twice and that is probably related to not sensing the key fob...

I have had no issues with radio presets since upgrade...

Buck

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
DNAGuy said:
I use it every day all the time...Had the car since February...Before software upgrades easy entry would often not work...since upgrades has only failed to function once or twice and that is probably related to not sensing the key fob...

I have had no issues with radio presets since upgrade...

Buck
I tried it early on and it actually made it harder for me to get in and out of the car, so turned it off. I think 615 was supposed to fix the keyfob issue that created problems for the easy entry feature and also the presets and I have not had any problems with presets since 615.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have 6.28 and use easy entry/exit. About 1 out of 20 starts (always just after charging), the seat just doesn't move. I manually adjust and go about my way.

On the next startup it will work.

Like everything else in command center (radio presets, MPG counter, volume controls, backup camera, interaction with Bluetooth, etc.) sometimes the function just won't work.

I'm treating all this as part of the "charm" of the car and I await the promised "November upgrade".

Other than an early bricking incident (repaired in the upgrade from 6.15), my car has been highly reliable mechanically and I have come to trust it to get me around in comfort, high style and with a big smile on my face.

·
Registered
145 Posts
FredFriendly said:
I have 6.28 and use easy entry/exit. About 1 out of 20 starts (always just after charging), the seat just doesn't move. I manually adjust and go about my way.

On the next startup it will work.

Like everything else in command center (radio presets, MPG counter, volume controls, backup camera, interaction with Bluetooth, etc.) sometimes the function just won't work.

I'm treating all this as part of the "charm" of the car and I await the promised "November upgrade".

Other than an early bricking incident (repaired in the upgrade from 6.15), my car has been highly reliable mechanically and I have come to trust it to get me around in comfort, high style and with a big smile on my face.
I have had virtually the same experience. "Charm" is an excellent characterization for the car. I also like "eccentric"!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Same here.

[/quote]

I tried it early on and it actually made it harder for me to get in and out of the car, so turned it off. I think 615 was supposed to fix the keyfob issue that created problems for the easy entry feature and also the presets and I have not had any problems with presets since 615.
[/quote]

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
We haven't seen many problems with it since the latest software upgrade I would like if there was a delay from the time you turn the car off and the seat starts to move just my opinion

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've shut it off too. When the seat is bottomed out its a strain on the legs to get out, like a too low chair or sofa. Of course I'm 80 years old and have the same difficulty with my Corvette. But..............worth it!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I tried using it for a while, but I felt it was just putting me too far back. It seems like a good idea in theory, but maybe the settings for it aren't quite right. It would be nice to be able to customize both positions (the entry as well as the driving position).

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
I learned a new trick with "easy entry/exit" that has worked well for me. Once activated, as you know, it will push the seat back to its furthest extension. That made it hard for me to exit, as some others have reported.
But guess what? If, while it is going back you touch one of the seat adjustment levers on the side of the seat, it will stop backing up, then when you start the car the next time, remember your preferred driving seat adjustment. This has been useful for me as I sit in the car reading, waiting to pick up a kid. As soon as I start the car it returns to driving position. And, if I’m exiting the car, it is easier to get out than my preferred driving position.

Yes, it would be better, Mr. Fisker, if we could set our preferred exit position, so keep that on the wish list. This is just a workaround until the update. :idea:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts