Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the new F1 coming from a CSP are any special compared to the ones I could get from standard tire stores?

My dealer told me, that they won't order actual F1 until they have sold all their 2012 F1...
Not sure, if these old tires would be a good idea, even if they give me a discount...
Any recommendations?
Btw: Yoko spec-x are not available in Europe, are they?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Europe may be a different situation than here in AZ one state away from CA, but ... My CSP was able to get me F-1 tires manufactured in Nov '15 from the plant. Where I live at 120 degrees in the summer, it's dried out tire sidewalls that fail more often than the tread. I refused to buy 4 year old tires and put them on my 5300 lb car.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Are the new F1 coming from a CSP are any special compared to the ones I could get from standard tire stores?

My dealer told me, that they won't order actual F1 until they have sold all their 2012 F1...
Not sure, if these old tires would be a good idea, even if they give me a discount...
Any recommendations?
Btw: Yoko spec-x are not available in Europe, are they?
Hi Stefan,

I'm currently trying to source those Pirellis:
Front: Pirelli P ZERO NERO GT 255/35ZR22 99Y
Back: Pirelli SCORPION ZERO ASIMMETRICO 285/35ZR22 106W

I believe this option is not possible for North-Americans but it is in Europe.
The Scorpions are quite easy to find, however P Zero Nero GT in this specific size is much more rare (maybe BTO).
I should have a price this week, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Pierre,

Thanks for responding.
Is it advised to have different tires front/back? will it be a good idea?
Is this even allowed?

In general, I had good experiences with all Pirellis... So I will dig into it.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Manufacturers will not recommend different tires front and rear but it's not a problem. Only all wheel drive vehicles exhibit problems with that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts