Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my shadow rear bumper painted (small scratch...)

A few days later, somebody told me, that he noticed a big difference between the look of the bumper, compared to the rest of the car. It is most noticeable in bright sunlight... he was right.
The color itself matches pretty good, but the effect doesn't look like diamond dust... It looks more like normal metallic effect paint...
It seems, that the glass parts are much smaller .

Hope, nobody had to paint the Karma, but if you had to, are you fine with the result? Not sure, whether DuPont has a real quality management over the different paint mixtures...

Stefan
German Karma Forum
www.karma-forum.de

·
Registered
479 Posts
Someone just posted in the past week that they had some panel/part repainted and a representative from DuPont actually came out to supervise the process. I believe the person had a Diamond Dust color as well.

Sorry, I'm not more help, but hopefully a quick forum search will turn up the posting and maybe you can contact that individual.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Someone just posted in the past week that they had some panel/part repainted and a representative from DuPont actually came out to supervise the process. I believe the person had a Diamond Dust color as well.

Sorry, I'm not more help, but hopefully a quick forum search will turn up the posting and maybe you can contact that individual.
The post you are referring to is this one.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
We're painted a lot of different parts since the Karma has come out from complete sides of the car to bumpers never had a complaint .It's not Dupont it's the body shop not knowing how to spray the top coat .Unlike metallic colors that are in the base coat Karmas top coat is what the glass is in that's why it looks so good . When Dupont mixes the colors they send each layer . If the body shop isn't using the Dupont paints and trying to match it from a sample of the car it will never look good . My body shop tried to mix the color with our local supplier did a bunch of test panels they never were able to match the color . The paint from Dupont isn't cheap if I'am correct around $450.00 a quart .

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just had a piece repainted and the paint was mixed by Dupont on site and they gave guidance to the body shop. I'll see it soon and let you know if I can see a difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I know this thread is a few months old but I only recently happened upon it. Does anyone know the official paint code for Karma Inferno? It's absolutely gorgeous.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
My Karma is also Inferno. It's vin is: YH4K14AA2CA001188 I'm also interested in the paint code.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Inferno paint code is R1

You'll have to go through Dupont to obtain the paint unless you're just looking for like a touch up paint pen. You can order those from HSS. They have the inferno pens plus all of the colors if im not mistaken.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
The wheel are all the same Bert they dont make up touch up paint for the rims .We repair the rims in house and paint them also .Do a Google search and look for a local company that repairs rim they should be able to help you out

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I have all the paint pen colors available as well.
I also have the Clear available as well. This was put on after applying the paint from the paint pen and letting it dry. It acts as a clear coat to help protect that new paint you just put on.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts