Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this has been covered in another thread, I searched and couldn't find this issue talked about. My car is about 9 months old and has 5K miles. I haven't been in a wreck and drive on smooth roads all the time ... that said all of a sudden the drivers door and front passenger door have gotten completely out of alignment. The bottom of the doors actually hit the bottom of the door frame by at least a quarter of an inch, making it really hard to close and latch the doors. It's almost as if the car is sagging in the middle. I know that sounds hard to believe but I'm at a loss. I know I need to have the car flat bedded to the dealer but I'm not even sure what to tell them...any ideas guys?

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
kwsmith007 said:
I don't know if this has been covered in another thread, I searched and couldn't find this issue talked about. My car is about 9 months old and has 5K miles. I haven't been in a wreck and drive on smooth roads all the time ... that said all of a sudden the drivers door and front passenger door have gotten completely out of alignment. The bottom of the doors actually hit the bottom of the door frame by at least a quarter of an inch, making it really hard to close and latch the doors. It's almost as if the car is sagging in the middle. I know that sounds hard to believe but I'm at a loss. I know I need to have the car flat bedded to the dealer but I'm not even sure what to tell them...any ideas guys?
Did you take any photos of your car when you first took delivery? You should be able to compare those to the way the car looks now to see if there has been any change.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Have the dealer check the hinges, theyve propably came loose for some reason or someone has a habbit of leaning on the doors. Ive had a similar incident with my car ( not Karma ) when I leaned a bit too hard on the drivers door, it just dropped suddently.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Defective door hinges or bolts on hinges not tight enough?

Fabulist said:
kwsmith007 said:
Did you take any photos of your car when you first took delivery? You should be able to compare those to the way the car looks now to see if there has been any change.

·
Registered
243 Posts
had the same issue- hinges were loose- driver side only- had to realign striker and tighten- dealer can do this- doors are heavy and some may not have been tightened well during manufacturing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts