Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strangest thing. This morning I noticed my front passenger door was open just about 1 inch, no lights were on, nothing. I figured I must have left it open from the day before. Closed it.
Came home in my other car tonight, and the damn door was open again! lights in the car were on this time.

I'm thinking its either a bad door switch on the front passenger door, or I have a Fisker admirer living in my garage. I always keep the car unlocked in the garage.

Anyone else seen this happen?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Karma31 said:
Never. Do u wear tight pants? The door open button on the remote is very sensitive
The button on the remote actually "opens" the door? I thought it just locked/unlocked??

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
How many ghosts do you have in your closet? Is one of your exes riding with you?
Has the door ever opened during driving or when it's not in the garage? I'd guess its a malfunctioning door open button, but what makes it suddenly send an open signal is beyond me.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Look at the interior switch on the offending door, most likley it has stuck down. a slight wiggle should pop it back up again

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First of all I don't wear skinny jeans like Justin does. Not my style. I wish he wasn't given the car. But all day today the door was fine. I read Nimisys idea, went out to the garage and the dang door was open again! Wiggled the interior switch, seems fine. We'll see.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a very sharp, repeatable "pop" when opening the door a while back; I tried lubing up all the moving points in the hinge that I could, and nothing helped. Eventually I spotted a tiny bit of movement on the hinge plate where the arm attaches to the car body, and tried to tighten up the bolts in that spot. I bet I didn't even get 1/16 of a turn on the bolts, but that apparently was enough. The noise immediately stopped and hasn't returned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts