Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, My driver side door will not open...does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix? The interior door latch works but the door latch on the outside no longer works. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jm

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
When you push the door lock button on the inside do you hear anything as in the lock motor . Are you sure the door button isn't stuck that is a common problem . Make the button is actually moving up and down

·
Registered
12 Posts
Haha finally one i can give input on. This was a problem i had when there was still a warranty but the sad part is I never took it to get fixed. Mines does the same thing. Since there is no warranty, you can try finding the sweet spot and it might work for you. If not your touch sensor in the door is fully shot. You can take it apart and try to fix it or see if you can buy it. Maybe a dealership for another vehicle makes something like it but i don’t think there is a easy fix for that one. Maybe taking the one from the back door and putting it in that one. That’s what i am going to try when mines goes completely out

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I have those parts, the outer door handle. In fact I believe I have two sets of the front driver door, but probably no more than that. Just let me know if they're needed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
HarleyGuy/Lomax -

My front passenger door won't open from the outside. Inside button easily releases and opens the door. I've checked that no buttons are stuck (door, master lock) and fuse is fine. Basically, the outside touch-pad is dead. All other doors OK. Before the outside handle went bad, the local was cycling numerous times - just on the front passenger door.

Anything else I should check or do you have parts and instructions/pictures to help me replace? Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
I haven't ever had a problem with any of the outer door lock release touch pads . I wouldn't be surprised it's based on a Corvette or a Cadillac I will look into this part this week.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Don't know how/why, but the door opened fine this am. Everything back to normal. I suspect, some connection may possibly be loose behind the door panel or a connection got wet from my car wash. We'll for now, I'm a-ok. Hope no re-occurrence. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Good news for sure Volvo has the same problem with there keyless system and it's water ingress into the door handles .

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Door Issues

I had an issue where my front passenger door wouldn't open. I tried to open it from the outside and I could hear it function, but it wouldn't open. Same from the inside. Now it works from the outside, but sometimes I have to push the door button twice when inside the vehicle to get it to release.

Any advice?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had an issue where my front passenger door wouldn't open. I tried to open it from the outside and I could hear it function, but it wouldn't open. Same from the inside. Now it works from the outside, but sometimes I have to push the door button twice when inside the vehicle to get it to release.

Any advice?
Same thing happened to me. The door panel was loose on the bottom and door rest was loose. The maintenance center replaced the screw inside the door fastening the door rest and put on new tabs to fasten the door panel to the door.
They said it was a common problem!

·
Registered
174 Posts
My door button on the drivers side doesn't open from the inside anymore.

Any suggestions for repair?

Thanks in advance,

Bart

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
My door button on the drivers side doesn't open from the inside anymore.

Any suggestions for repair?

Thanks in advance,

Bart
The most common problem is the switch button has moved use a small pocket screwdriver and re center the button back in its mounting . That will work if you no longer feel the spring action when you push the button.
If the button pushes in and returns you have another problem

1 - 13 of 13 Posts