Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jomak's post inspired me to add to a "DIY-title" post on another problem most of us will have, and which isn't worth paying to fix, and that's the mirror cover on the driver and passenger visors. I had both visors replaced last year, and within a month they had broken again (meaning that when the visor is down, the flap pops open and obstructs my view).

Initially I used a magnet and a piece of metal, but the gap was too large and it wouldn't stay shut. I was going to switch to velcro on each surface, but since I already had one magnet in place, I grabbed another one off the fridge, cut a square off, and glued that on the flap lined up with the magnet on the mirror. Success: the gap is small enough that the magnets hold it closed, while being weak enough to allow me to open the flap with less resistance than with velcro.

Attachments

·
Early Adopter
1,248 Posts
Jomak's post inspired me to add to a "DIY-title" post on another problem most of us will have, and which isn't worth paying to fix, and that's the mirror cover on the driver and passenger visors. I had both visors replaced last year, and within a month they had broken again (meaning that when the visor is down, the flap pops open and obstructs my view).

Initially I used a magnet and a piece of metal, but the gap was too large and it wouldn't stay shut. I was going to switch to velcro on each surface, but since I already had one magnet in place, I grabbed another one off the fridge, cut a square off, and glued that on the flap lined up with the magnet on the mirror. Success: the gap is small enough that the magnets hold it closed, while being weak enough to allow me to open the flap with less resistance than with velcro.
very cute - thx, i needed that ;-)

·
Registered
886 Posts
I like it!

Is there a fix for a cover which doesn't stay open to apply lipstick?

(Fab: no comment, please... My wife was asking!!! 😘 )

We also got new ones and I'm sure, they would replace it again, bunt it seems to be a systematic error.

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts

LOL, you know I completely forgot about this. When I bought the car the driver side mirror would not stay closed. It was annoying and I searched youtube and only found 1 video that showed "How to" fix it. It was a long day of searching, everything is about rear view mirror, so here is the video.

I tried that fix and it worked and didn't...it was a process. I used a 2 part plastic epoxy like the video and now the light fails to turn on, but it does stay closed.

I will add that I changed all interior lighting to Blue LEDs except for the vanity mirrors and trunk.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will add that I changed all interior lighting to Blue LEDs except for the vanity mirrors and trunk.
Good video - thanks! So when you opened it up is that what you found - that it was a clip that popped out? I always thought something had broken, so that's interesting.

I really like the idea of all blue LEDs!

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
I like it!

Is there a fix for a cover which doesn't stay open to apply lipstick?

(Fab: no comment, please... My wife was asking!!! 😘 )

We also got new ones and I'm sure, they would replace it again, bunt it seems to be a systematic error.
LOL! I just use long-lasting lip gloss and don't have to reapply it.

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Good video - thanks! So when you opened it up is that what you found - that it was a clip that popped out? I always thought something had broken, so that's interesting.

I really like the idea of all blue LEDs!
Yes Blue, I love it! It has a black light feel to it. I did like Ice blue as well. I have White LEDs in the trunk and vanity mirrors.

As far as the clips in the sun visor they were popped out and just loose, but something plastic inside was broken too on mine. It required a day of trial and error to get it, but what happens it when you lift the visor now it is not staying open and a high enough angle to trigger the metal to make contact with the light in the visor and turn on. I could fix it with some MacGyver'ing but not worth my time right now.

LEDs were bought on eBay and Amazon. Trunk LED is 42mm Loop light, domes and doors are T25 (T15?) if I recall.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Are there 12V LEDs around or did you chain resistors?

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Are there 12V LEDs around or did you chain resistors?
My bad the LEDs in the Dome and Door at T10! T10

***DO NOT ORDER T25 or T15!!!

I used some of these Dome & Doors:

T10 Wedge 9 Flux Blue LED Light Bulbs 194 158
Ultra Blue LED Bulbs High Mount Stop Interior Lights 2825 W5W 921 T10 68-SMD

Trunk:

44MM 3528 12SMD LED Car Rigid Loop Festoon

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
It was a long day of searching, everything is about rear view mirror, so here is the video.
Thanks for the video link. I used it and it worked for me, but I have another issue that just started this morning. The visor itself now sags. :mad:

Anyone have a fix for this? The rod doesn't seem to want to come out, and I don't want to break it.

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Thanks for the video link. I used it and it worked for me, but I have another issue that just started this morning. The visor itself now sags. :mad:

Anyone have a fix for this? The rod doesn't seem to want to come out, and I don't want to break it.
How about this fix:

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
How about this fix: Saggy

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, the visor won't come off of the rod. It might be a matter of positioning it a certain way to pull the rod out, but I can't find that "sweet spot" I guess. I took the visor completely off (rod still attached) to fix the mirror cover.

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
Just yank it. I pulled mine off without unscrewing it first. Pulled the wires and had to repair them...oops. Be careful not to pull the wires.

Try and jam a zip tie in there. You don't have to remove it to do that. It should act as a spacer.

·
Registered
7 Posts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts