Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Fisker Karma #1030
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twice now in the past month or two, I have had issues after charging at a ChargePoint station at work (a 6.6kW unit that shares between two outlets). The first issue was the car not "switching on" (did a hard reset to resolve) and the other yesterday where the car tried to switch the ICE on after driving a mile at full battery charge (I was in stealth) and suddenly getting all sorts of error codes and a CEL.

On both occasions, I know I simply unplugged the car to end the charging session rather than waving my card at the station to end the session. Researching on the web suggest that this could be an issue. Thoughts?

One other thing that occurred to me is that since these are shared stations, if another car connects to the station, there is a sudden drop in current. Could that confuse the Karma's electronics or battery balance?

·
Premium Member
2012 Fisker Karma #1030
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes my car does have the 530 software - what I should have said in my original post is that the first incident was with 520 and the second was with 530. Also, in both cases the car was fully charged (and drawing no current) when I pulled the plug out.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I hade a weird thing happen once last month after disconnecting at a local mal which I have used previously without issue. Upon unplugging and "starting" the car my big orange triangle came on with the reduced performance indicator. I drove hoe on battery and let the car sit an hour and then it was fine. I had one code which I cleared with my code reader. haven't tried it again since. 520 software fyi

Of course - I immediately called Joe hoping my car was not becoming a paper weight and he suggested just let it go to sleep and wake up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.