Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys, this may seem simple for many of you who are obviously much more sophisticated and experienced.

Question: Is it necessary to disconnect the battery to unplug the main battery, behind the drivers seat? Or, is it safe to unplug after only separating the black cord, above the front passenger-side wheel?

My apologies, I know I’ve done a terrible job with proper nouns…

Thank you, for any response!
Sincerely,

W~

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The most important response to me is Why do you need to disconnect the main HV battery?
Your answer is Yes any Hybrid or EV you ALWAYS disconnect the 12v before pulling the MSD fuse.
FiskerPhilly, thank you for the reply. I was curious, as I have recently replaced my 12v battery. Like many Karma owners, I'm now plagued with the weird non-operational D-R buttons and flashing ready light. I'm also seeing the HV battery indicator light, and the car refuses to charge. Lastly, when I attempt a hard reset, the rear driver-side door unlatches.

My plan was to disconnect under the hood; disconnect the 12v; disconnect the MSD, in hopes of resetting whatever possible sequence might've triggered this response from the car. I'm not clear as to whether disconnecting the cable under the hood was sufficient, or if I actually needed to unplug the 12v batter under the wheel well...

Thanks again, for replying.
Sincerely,

W~

·
Pats Garage Fisker
27 Posts
FiskerPhilly, thank you for the reply. I was curious, as I have recently replaced my 12v battery. Like many Karma owners, I'm now plagued with the weird non-operational D-R buttons and flashing ready light. I'm also seeing the HV battery indicator light, and the car refuses to charge. Lastly, when I attempt a hard reset, the rear driver-side door unlatches.

My plan was to disconnect under the hood; disconnect the 12v; disconnect the MSD, in hopes of resetting whatever possible sequence might've triggered this response from the car. I'm not clear as to whether disconnecting the cable under the hood was sufficient, or if I actually needed to unplug the 12v batter under the wheel well...

Thanks again, for replying.
Sincerely,

W~
just unplugging the 12V connector for 10 minutes should be enough.
have you disconnected anything else? The car is not going into ready mode, and the contactors are not closing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts