Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from placing my order with my dealer, and they had the swatches of the interior and exterior materials to look at. I was a bit disappointed at the "Diamond Dust" colors because honestly they didn't look any different than any other metallic paint I've seen on a car. For that extra $3,000 I figured it would stand out, but it's just a regular metallic paint job as far as I can tell.

-Brian

·
Registered
784 Posts
I guess that indoors and up close there is not so much difference. But when the car is driving in the street, and the sun reflects off the glass particles (and I believe there's a lot of sun in Texas) there will be a bigger difference with a normal metallic paint.

You went for the Silver Wind and Black Monotone as planned?

Did they give you an estimate on the delivery date?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dutch said:
I guess that indoors and up close there is not so much difference. But when the car is driving in the street, and the sun reflects off the glass particles (and I believe there's a lot of sun in Texas) there will be a bigger difference with a normal metallic paint.

You went for the Silver Wind and Black Monotone as planned?

Did they give you an estimate on the delivery date?
Yep, Silver / Black combo. The sales guy seems to think I'll be in the first wave since my order is going in so early. He says that a little over half of their customers are waiting to drive the demos before placing an order.

What he told me was that Fisker is taking a certain number of orders and when they've got the quota they cut off that group and send the list to production. Then we'll be notified of a target delivery date. He expects it could still be as early as July.

-Brian

·
Registered
29 Posts
Brian,

I just got a call from my dealer in NC today saying she too had the swatches. I have been thinking about the white sand tricoat and she told me that she felt it was the best looking of all the paint colors. Interestingly, she says that in her 20+ years in selling high end cars at BMW and Cadillac that the best resale colors are Black and White exteriors. No-one, and I mean No-one has been able to get a picture of a White karma. My dealer has requested several times from Corporate without a reply. Would be interested in what you thought of the white paint chip. I was thinking eith White Sand and the Dune monotone, or the Silver with Dune Monotone, although my teen wants me to do the Red (wife is totally against Red). Early karmas had a dune looking interior and it seems to "pop" in the silver. I suspect it would be the same with White Sand. I also finally found out what my deposit number was. I got #354, but was told today that if I didn't order by 15th, it may not matter what number I had since they will put a later number ahead of me if I don't order soon. As to those waiting to drive the karma first, I can't say I blame them. Just curious as to what the dealer required you to do in placing your order. What would happen if it came in and you didn't like it? Lose you $1000 deposit?? Does anyone have any estimates of the cost of the charger station? I have not seen anything as to costs for this yet. Glad you got your order in. I am going to wait probably until I either see one in White sand, or the dealer gets one to drive. I'm going to be in California in April for Easter and may go to Orange County dealer one day if in fact they have one to drive. My dealer estimates it will be May before they get one to drive.

Mark - aka Hokiebird

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The colors all looked fine including the White Sand, but none of the swatches were really anything special. The white just looked like the white you'd see on any car, and the metallics looked like standard fine-grained metallic finishes on anything else out there.

Placing the order was oddly easy. I didn't have to sign anything or fill out any additional paperwork. I just told the sales guy what combo I wanted and that was that. He said I'd get an email confirmation once they got the order info back from Fisker. No mention about the deposit becoming unrefundable at that point. Frankly, I'm not sure what the difference was between getting on the wait-list and placing the order.

I too asked my guy about the charging station. I'd asked him about it last week too, and yesterday he told me he was still waiting to hear back from Fisker. Fisker really needs to communicate better...echo... echo... echo....

-Brian

·
Registered
784 Posts
Most of us are used to dealing with car companies that are well established, that have an organisation that has been running for centuries, that have dealers with whom they worked for many years, that build cars that are based on earlier proven models, that do not have to start from scratch with everything (color swatches, dealer instruction, order system, lines of communication). So we are a bit spoiled :rolleyes:

I don't think we should expect the same from Fisker, a company that didn't exist in early 2007 and that had to invent literally everything, with few people and - despite of the delays - in an incredibly short time.

We have to forgive them for the odd mistake, miscommunication and delay, and the little bit of chaos. Because the reward will be driving the world's coolest car by far. :cool:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kabalah70 said:
my dealer said about $2500 for the 220v charger from Lear.
Hmm... interesting. I wonder why it's that much since all of the charging electronics are in the car (as opposed to the Tesla where they're outside on the expensive charging cables). The cable that comes with the Karma is supposedly a 110/220 cable, so I figured that the charging station was essentially just a plastic box with a coiled extension cord on it, but essentially not any different than the charging cable that comes with the car. No?

-Brian

·
Registered
61 Posts
brian said:
kabalah70 said:
my dealer said about $2500 for the 220v charger from Lear.
Hmm... interesting. I wonder why it's that much since all of the charging electronics are in the car (as opposed to the Tesla where they're outside on the expensive charging cables). The cable that comes with the Karma is supposedly a 110/220 cable, so I figured that the charging station was essentially just a plastic box with a coiled extension cord on it, but essentially not any different than the charging cable that comes with the car. No?

-Brian
After some early confusion, it was my understanding from secondary sources that the charging electronics were an integral part of the car.

My dealer is clueless.

To echo your earlier comment (and my much earlier comments), might be nice if Fisker let us know -- definitively. Sigh.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The Retail kits says:

On-board battery recharging system w/standard 110v plug [available 220V charging]
So I'd expect standard charging included. 240V charger optional...
(and for us in Europe 240V Standard)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts