Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am outing myself again as a complete non-understander but:
In my fisher there is a diagnosis menu bottom. If I press it nothing happens. is that how it is? do I have to know something to use this diagnostic tool? my Fisker still has some problems and I'm wondering if the diagnostic tool could give me some answers.
cheers
rabbit

·
Early Adopter
1,247 Posts
I am outing myself again as a complete non-understander but:
In my fisher there is a diagnosis menu bottom. If I press it nothing happens. is that how it is? do I have to know something to use this diagnostic tool? my Fisker still has some problems and I'm wondering if the diagnostic tool could give me some answers.
cheers
rabbit
When you have an issue, like tpms (tire pressure) the diag. Menu will light in Amber and selecting it will show you (briefly) the tire that's low. That's one example.

·
Super Moderator
1,180 Posts
rabbit,

The Diag button doesn't behave the way you might expect or wish that it did. Under normal circumstances the diag button does virtually nothing; you press it and you get the Diag screen with the slowly spinning wheel... and that's it.

If something is *wrong* however, the Diag button will turn orange, and when you press it you will see which system is reporting an error. You can then press on that system's icon and the car will (eventually) show you a screen with the cause of the issue. As an example, the car monitors the tire pressures but under normal circumstances you cannot see them. If a tire goes out of spec (pressure too high or too low) then you can get to the Tires diagnostic page and see the pressures.

One way to easily test the diag screen is this: Start your Karma and go into "Ready" mode (when the car is ready to press "D" and drive, but leave it in Park) then get out of the Karma and take your key fob away from the car. Come back to the Karma without your key fob and you should see a Key error on the dashboard and your Diag button should now be orange letting you know there is an issue. You can then click into it.

Like some other aspects of the Command Center it suffers from from youth. Fisker Automotive wasn't around long enough to get feedback on how things are used and need to work in the real world and so much of the Command Center design is subject to a "It sounded good in the office when we designed it" problem.

Good luck!

Brent

·
Registered
334 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Message to Moderators

Brent aka WestPalmBJ,

Is there a way for us to post soft copies to the forum of the manuals I downloaded? I found 4-5 good documents that I want to share. If they aren't already posted, I can upload them somewhere for you to post. The files are huge but they are very useful.

Please let me know.

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
Brent aka WestPalmBJ,

Is there a way for us to post soft copies to the forum of the manuals I downloaded? I found 4-5 good documents that I want to share. If they aren't already posted, I can upload them somewhere for you to post. The files are huge but they are very useful.

Please let me know.
The easiest way to that in my experience is to sign up for a free on-line storage account like Drop Box, Mega, or Box (there are a number of other ones, including Amazon's Cloud Storage service), then upload the documents and then share them using the service. You can typically get a public link to the documents and post it here, or send it by email or PM.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys
so it is really not what I would have expected but at least as long as nothing is wrong I do not have to use the diag screen. But would be anyway interesting
to have the soft manuals somewhere accessible

·
Registered
334 Posts
Manuals Available Here

thanks guys
so it is really not what I would have expected but at least as long as nothing is wrong I do not have to use the diag screen. But would be anyway interesting
to have the soft manuals somewhere accessible
Rabbit - I just found the website where I downloaded the manuals from:http://fisker.ignitedusa.com/en-us/owners/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts