Fisker Buzz Forums banner

On a scale from 1 to 7 rate your desire to see this implemented (1=Not At All, 7=Definitely)

  • 7

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1

    Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Proposed Software Change

There are really two driving modes and three regenerative braking modes, not three driving modes as stated in the owner's manual.

The display of the word HILL should be removed from the instrument panel. The regenerative braking mode is still clearly visible to the driver by:
(1) the D for Drive indicating minimal regenerative braking
(2) a 1 in place of the D, indicating a moderate level of regenerative braking
(3) a 2 in place of the D, indicating maximal regenerative braking.

By eliminating the word HILL displayed, the driver always know whether they are in STEALTH or SPORT with the wording as well as the color change of the display.

This would allow for the removal of the simulated analog clock in STEALTH mode where the digital speedometer readout is in SPORT mode.

I think everyone wants the digital speedo in STEALTH mode too, not an analog clock.

Please vote whether you agree with this software change or not. This is only a forum vote and has no affiliation with Fisker Automotive as to being an actual proposed change, but it may influence their decision based on our responses.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
A digital speed indicator in Stealth would indeed be handy. Right now it is difficult to tell how fast I'm going. If I'm trying to do 50 it could be anywhere between 48 and 52.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
I'd much rather have display change from daytime to nightime modes like the roadshow cars did !
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It would be nice if Fisker eventually opened the owner's area of their website and had a more sophisticated polling or 'Suggestion Box' that people could vote on for software changes. This is of course, in addition to the revision listings with flaws fixed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
I guess I'm in the minority here, as I like the analog clock and would hate to see it go. The clock on the command center is useless (as is most of the command center - don't get me started...). I also like the digital speedometer - would be great if we could find a way to do both. But I guess I need to know the time more than I need to know precisely what speed I'm going...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
781 Posts
Skibum said:
I guess I'm in the minority here, as I like the analog clock and would hate to see it go. The clock on the command center is useless (as is most of the command center - don't get me started...). I also like the digital speedometer - would be great if we could find a way to do both. But I guess I need to know the time more than I need to know precisely what speed I'm going...
Both clocks are useless. The one on the command center is only visible at night (and even then not so much), and the one on the dash is like trying to read a sun dial.

-Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
brian said:
Skibum said:
I guess I'm in the minority here, as I like the analog clock and would hate to see it go. The clock on the command center is useless (as is most of the command center - don't get me started...). I also like the digital speedometer - would be great if we could find a way to do both. But I guess I need to know the time more than I need to know precisely what speed I'm going...
Both clocks are useless. The one on the command center is only visible at night (and even then not so much), and the one on the dash is like trying to read a sun dial.

-Brian
I agree the sundial aspect is annoying. Took me a while to get used to it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
208 Posts
kabalah70 said:
Proposed Software Change

There are really two driving modes and three regenerative braking modes, not three driving modes as stated in the owner's manual.

The display of the word HILL should be removed from the instrument panel. The regenerative braking mode is still clearly visible to the driver by:
(1) the D for Drive indicating minimal regenerative braking
(2) a 1 in place of the D, indicating a moderate level of regenerative braking
(3) a 2 in place of the D, indicating maximal regenerative braking.

By eliminating the word HILL displayed, the driver always know whether they are in STEALTH or SPORT with the wording as well as the color change of the display.

This would allow for the removal of the simulated analog clock in STEALTH mode where the digital speedometer readout is in SPORT mode.

I think everyone wants the digital speedo in STEALTH mode too, not an analog clock.

Please vote whether you agree with this software change or not. This is only a forum vote and has no affiliation with Fisker Automotive as to being an actual proposed change, but it may influence their decision based on our responses.
I vote yes
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
I can see it now. Some rap artist will buy a Karma and blast his music through the exterior speakers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
It would be nice if we can switch Tron off or set the max speed at which it works or the volume.
No reason to make noise when in a traffic jam for instance.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think we should focus on getting the simple things like the interface (instruments and Command Center) the way we want before looking into trying to have them change aspects of the car that would need extensive testing because of the increased wear and tear on parts that it would cause to determine if the affects on warranty claims.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top