Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Delphi had been doing demos on many trade shows for their system that was developed with WiTricity for pretty long time, it seems over 2 years now.

Any word about when this system will be sold to customers?
Any idea about costs?

Their solution fits perfect to the Karma 3.3kW charger and other EVs like the Volt and Leaf.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
P90XMC2 said:
Delphi had been doing demos on many trade shows for their system that was developed with WiTricity for pretty long time, it seems over 2 years now.

Any word about when this system will be sold to customers?
Any idea about costs?

Their solution fits perfect to the Karma 3.3kW charger and other EVs like the Volt and Leaf.
This type of charging would require a "receiver" installed on the Karma and wired into the charging system. Fisker would have to build that into the car before you can use the system. Otherwise, it would be like buying a Bluetooth headset for a phone that does not have BT capability.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am aware of that, but I think the receiver plate can be mounted by aftermarket installer that is fisker/Delphi certified.
That's less of an issue, at the moment I want to understand if that product is planned to be available any time soon.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
P90XMC2 said:
I am aware of that, but I think the receiver plate can be mounted by aftermarket installer that is fisker/Delphi certified.
That's less of an issue, at the moment I want to understand if that product is planned to be available any time soon.
I agree, that would be great, particularly for public charging stations to eliminate all the problems with he cable reaching the charging port, etc.
The one being developed by Nissan for the Leaf is a bit ont the thick side, but I am sure the production versions are going to be a lot smaller and thinner.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=malAir8z-C8[/video]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts