Fisker Buzz Forums banner

Dear Consumer Report Readers

5K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Dave_Car_Guy 
#1 ·
If CR had updated their car on Fisker's Software (6.28), which they did not, then you would not have these "intermittent glitches related to gauges, power windows, warning lights, and the radio" Moreover Fisker now has a more responsive touch screen since the version CR tested. I agree..its a bit convoluted, but future models will be more user friendly.

No this big ticket car is not a limo. Most of us buyer we're not in the market for a limo when we visited our Fisker dealer to buy our Karma's. Visibility is actually very good. Not Mini Van visibility and room...but very good none the less.

Sacrificing t0o much function for fashion. Not so. I prefer the function of getting my 65 MPGe to 150 MPGe ANYDAY over the alternatives. Plus. I'm a member of a family of 4. It works just fine. Moreover, I don't take my kids to work. Usually just me or clients during the day.

Again...I'm not scratching my head asking myself - How am I going to fit 6 in the Karma!? Did not buy it for that number.

Let's HIGHLIGHT the POSITIVES for a moment, as we should not confuse our future owners. I don't want anyone to be drowned out in the hideous headline of the CR report.

Before, I do...Let's all take a second. Can we all agree that the Media (Political and Otherwise) is such BS...!? They just want to tear good things and good people apart. Future Fisker buyer...Go talk to an owner and your dealer before you even put any stock in the negative headlines of Fisker Automotive. I can tell you this with certainty. 95% of the negatives of what you read re: Fisker is distorted and/or untrue. Owner's love their cars and Fisker takes care of them.

Ok...Back to the FACTS or POSITIVES.

* The car is Simply Stunning!
* You can keep on driving when the battery pack is depleated.
* Strong Acceleration.
* Great Ride
* Great Handling
* Great Breaking Performance
* Great or Fist Class Interior / Materials
* Great overall Gas Milage

Folks - Look what CR is doing to the iPhone 5 Right now. They are TRASHING Apple's Maps. Much like Apple, Fisker will continue to fix these "glitches" w/ Software Updates. Remember - CR did not even recommend getting an iPhone before the 4S.

So Everyone - I RECOMMEND you don't put too much weight into what CR has do say about the Fisker Karma as it relates to the glitches. Fisker has and will continue to improve in vast order.

Fisker is selling Karma's a at decent pace. I imagine sales will escalate after the election and there after. The Karma's run fantastic. Glitches are a thing of the past. It is the best looking car on the road today IMO. We are changing the world's perception of drivetrains and how they are driven. Fisker will continue to grow and polish the brand and numbers will increase.

Remember - We are a family of believers !

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.