Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harleyguy, Lormax, FiskerPhilly or any one else that is in the know. Has anyone heard about the dealership network at this point? I may be a little early or over zealous but must inquire nonetheless.

Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Word has it that there are about 15 participating dealers in the US. Calls to everyone's individual dealers to encourage participation would be a good idea.

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
I was told by my dealer here in ATL that they were in contact with New Fisker. They were able to order parts for some cars awaiting repair.

Nothing official about putting the Logo back up. They were always servicing on best effort basis.

The Customer Support Program from the New Fisker doesn't have the name of the dealers listed in the attachment. The column for them is currently blank, with only space for names and contacts.

·
Early Adopter
1,255 Posts
Ted Britt ended their retaliation with FA in Virginia - does anyone know who is now handling our Washington, D.C. Region ?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Correct we had a conference call about participation in the service program and we are in of course. Ninja not sure if the dealer down there is in or not but I've been handling the DC area clients thus far. I have a client in Bathesda bringing his up next week.

·
Early Adopter
1,255 Posts
Correct we had a conference call about participation in the service program and we are in of course. Ninja not sure if the dealer down there is in or not but I've been handling the DC area clients thus far. I have a client in Bathesda bringing his up next week.
I pm'ed you ...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nin_ja - I use FiskerPhilly for my service and I bought my Karma from there. He is amazing as is the dealership from sales to ownership. You will be VERY happy there

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
I reached out to my original dealer, Fisker of Atlanta today by email. Not only did I receive a reply within an hour I also got a phone call from their new Fixed Operations Manager Tim who let me know that Fisker of Atlanta has re-upped with the New Fisker He was light on details, which is to be expected, but he mentioned that the owner of the dealership felt it was the right thing to do for the dealership and for the customers. Obviously I'm happy to hear it. He also let me know that even while they are doing owner-paid service now they seem to be able to order parts from the New Fisker which was something they've been unable to do for a while.

I know not every Atlanta owner has had a great experience with FoA (and I know that's putting it mildly for some) I do want to applaud them for stepping up. For as much money at risk each of us individual owners have I expect the dealership faced an order of magnitude higher losses from unpaid warranty work, unpaid commissions and general customer unhappiness. I hope the New Fisker experience will be better for all involved.

Brent

·
Registered
479 Posts
"The right thing to do"... :D

I don't mean to be cynical but of course the old dealers are opting in on the Fisker warranty plan. They GET PAID.

I'm happy that dealers are coming back online but the hypocrisy makes me wanna vomit. Remember how your dealer abandoned you 18 months ago?

I sure hope to the Fisker Gods that Wanxiang is doing right by the dealers who actually stood by their commitments to their customers. There are a handful of dealers across the US that really went above/beyond for owners. Those dealerships know who they are (I won't name them for fear of missing one or two).

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
Just to be clear on the example of Fisker of ATL. They never stopped servicing or contacting owners. They service on best effort basis and I was always able to make contact to the folks still there. The Owner went out of his way -- dinners, meet and greets and many other things to build brand and sales which included meetings with Hendrich Fisker and Ted Turner. I guess that is why they sold numerous Karmas in Georgia and the east.

So when Lone Palm says the Owner of thinks is "the right thing to do"... In this case (maybe not all dealers) is sincere. This dealer never abandoned us here in ATL. Fisker of ATL also invested in a total Fisker Show Room, Service area and separate customer waiting area for Fisker.... They were true believers in the Fisker Brand.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Many dealers up here in the northeast closed their doors and left owners stranded, which didn't surprise me at all. You see in my years of experience, you'll find mainly two types of ownership. The business type and the car guy. For the most part the business types (mostly made up of larger dealer conglomerates and multibrand stores) pulled out when losses were inevitable. The car guy types(some mom n pop stores and a few larger stores) stayed around even when there was little or no profit to be made because they liked the car and it was more important to stand by their customers. I'm fortunate to work for a true car guy who promised (as did I) all of our owners we would always be there, the last of a dying breed of dealers as many of them up here are being taken over by corporate entities that dont care about customers once the $ is gone.
I feel for the people who became stranded and their true saving grace has been this forum and a great community of owners passionate enough about the cars to see this through.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
.... You see in my years of experience, you'll find mainly two types of ownership. The business type and the car guy. For the most part the business types (mostly made up of larger dealer conglomerates and multibrand stores) pulled out when losses were inevitable. The car guy types(some mom n pop stores and a few larger stores) stayed around even when there was little or no profit to be made because they liked the car and it was more important to stand by their customers. I'm fortunate to work for a true car guy who promised (as did I) all of our owners we would always be there, the last of a dying breed of dealers as many of them up here are being taken over by corporate entities that dont care about customers once the $ is gone.
I feel for the people who became stranded and their true saving grace has been this forum and a great community of owners passionate enough about the cars to see this through.
Well said! I learned that O'Brian Auto group (aka Fisker of Seattle and Lexus of Bellevue, etc.) is the take your money and walk away type. For my next car purchase, I'll be looking for a "car guy" to buy from. And, I'm sharing my experience with all my friends; it really does matter who you do business with.

·
Early Adopter
1,255 Posts
Right on EVer1, had a similar experince here in Virginia. Ted Britt will never get my business and I'll make sure others understand my experience with a company that does not stand behind the products they sell. I'm a business man too and believe good-will is worth the expense to do right by a customer, especilly when a run of the mill dealer tries to upscale -- it's obvious some dealers are "low-end" and best stick to commodities like fords and chevys -- funny, that's all they sell -- should of been a sign of things to come -- never again!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Fisker in Colorado

Rickenbaugh Cadillac/Volvo/Fisker in Denver has stood by Fisker from day one, and I'll never shop anywhere else. Great service and great people.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Right on EVer1, had a similar experince here in Virginia. Ted Britt will never get my business and I'll make sure others understand my experience with a company that does not stand behind the product they sell. I'm a business man too and believe good-will is worth the expense to do right by a customer, especilly when a run of the mill dealer tries to upscale -- it's obvious some dealers are "low-end" and best stick to commodities like fords and chevys -- funny, that's all they sell -- should of been a sign of things to come -- never again!
Agreed Ninja, I've built an entire service (and subsequently sales) following by just looking out for the people and simply treating them like people and their cars like my own. I learned that good service is what brings the customer back to buy their next car or even better will tell a friend. Its the core. Honesty and integrity will always go further in this business. Lost trust is a lost client in my eyes.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Emil Frey group also services the Karma from day one... In constant quality and good response times and at no costs for me (at least the warranty topics)!!!

If I need them to and also on short notice, they get the car at my house, spend a loaner and return the Karma back to where I need it.

The people I'm dealing with in Duesseldorf/Germany are nice and we'll knowledged guys.

Thanks!

·
Registered
535 Posts
I've learned from the management that Warren Henry in Miami is a "participating dealership" under the bankruptcy materials being discussed. They have of course been one of the most supportive and operating dealerships anywhere - continuing to sell cars long after most others had pulled the plug and liquidated their inventories (and need it be said how good the service department is?). They still have the sign up even. If Wx changes the name, i want to buy it to use as a kiddie pool - it's huge.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
We did have a conference call in regards to the warranty service program we will of course be participating in. Not much to speak of at this time just some clarification of terms and conditions on the dealer end of things so docs can be rewritten.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Wouldn't it be great if Travis was permitted to perform warranty service. He's kept so many of our vehicles working.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts