Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealership I purchased my karma from is no longer associated with Fisker. Whenever I used to service my Karma I would get a loaner or they would pick up the car by a flatbed. When I tried to call another dealer in the area to service the car I was told that I will have to pay for the tow or pay for a rental car. I am pissed! Thinking about legal action. Anybody had a similar experience?

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
More and more dealers are dropping Fisker.
This is not good news for Fisker owners.
Maybe this is the reason why other dealers don't even want to take Fisker on a trade any more.
Very Bad Sign.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sewell Fisker of plano also stop selling Fisker product, they no longer pickup my car up, but they do give me a loaner.

·
Registered
197 Posts
This could be the end of Fisker :-(
Once you sacrifice customer service, you know they are not looking at long term business anymore. This is truly sad. I would contact Fisker headquarter and verify the warranty and road side assistance policy.

·
Registered
457 Posts
It could just be dealers getting skittish. Unknown future for the company and possibly lagging sales could be making them nervous.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My Dealership in San Diego Marvin K. Brown dropped the Fisker line as well.

This is more than disappointing.

My service tech informed me that San Diego's Marvin K. Brown is "no longer servicing the Fisker Karma." :-( I chose MKB because of close proximity to my home and businesses and MKB's long standing in the community. My sales person stated, "You should have received an email from both MKB and Fisker Corp. informing you of the circumstance." Of course, I did not receive ANY email prior to the separation. I called Fisker Corp. and customer service rep assured me that "concierge service would be made available if I should require it." One of the owners of MKB wrote me a lengthy email apologizing stating I should have received an email, how MKB did not invest in signage, etc. to simply end the Fisker relationship. No details why the end of the relationship from MKB ownership. No direction or assurance as to how my car would be maintained in the future... This seems more than odd to me as I am in a "customer relations based industry"... MKB seemed more concerned about the $$$ they had spent on signage and remodel of their Fisker sales area than customer relations.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Lost San Diego dealership for service...

My service tech informed me that San Diego's Marvin K. Brown is "no longer servicing the Fisker Karma." :-( I chose MKB because of close proximity to my home and businesses and MKB's long standing in the community. My sales person stated, "You should have received an email from both MKB and Fisker Corp. informing you of the circumstance." Of course, I did not receive ANY email prior to the separation. I called Fisker Corp. and customer service rep assured me that "concierge service would be made available if I should require it." One of the owners of MKB wrote me a lengthy email apologizing stating I should have received an email, how MKB did not invest in signage, etc. to simply end the Fisker relationship. No details why the end of the relationship from MKB ownership. No direction or assurance as to how my car would be maintained in the future... This seems more than odd to me as I am in a "customer relations based industry"... MKB seemed more concerned about the $$$ they had spent on remodel and Fisker signage...:-/

·
Registered
479 Posts
My service tech informed me that San Diego's Marvin K. Brown is "no longer servicing the Fisker Karma." :-( I chose MKB because of close proximity to my home and businesses and MKB's long standing in the community. My sales person stated, "You should have received an email from both MKB and Fisker Corp. informing you of the circumstance." Of course, I did not receive ANY email prior to the separation. I called Fisker Corp. and customer service rep assured me that "concierge service would be made available if I should require it." One of the owners of MKB wrote me a lengthy email apologizing stating I should have received an email, how MKB did not invest in signage, etc. to simply end the Fisker relationship. No details why the end of the relationship from MKB ownership. No direction or assurance as to how my car would be maintained in the future... This seems more than odd to me as I am in a "customer relations based industry"... MKB seemed more concerned about the $$$ they had spent on remodel and Fisker signage...:-/
That's weird...I talked to a salesperson today elsewhere and was told that MKB would still service the car. Guess they were either BS'ing me or just weren't aware of the change at MKB.

Seems like a business opportunity to me...find the Fisker trained techs, hire 1 or 2 and start your own independent shop. Wonder how many Fisker owners there are in San Diego.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
This is great idea. The problem with that might be getting parts for Fisker since most of the Parts Makers are also dropping Fisker.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is little doubt that the relationship between Fisker and a dealreship can be terminated. The question is whether a dealer can walk away from the representations made at the time the car was purchased? In my case I was assured that I will get service and convenience of a loaner or free flatbed service. No one told me that there is a chance the dealer will stop servicing Fisker. Just wondering.

·
Registered
435 Posts
is not the dealer supposed to service the car anyway since fisker still exist, sounds weird.

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
The problem with that might be getting parts for Fisker since most of the Parts Makers are also dropping Fisker.
What do you base that statement on?

·
Registered
71 Posts
MKB of San Diego is not servicing the the Fisker Karma any longer. Bottom-line;, in email correspondence with ownership at MKB they have referred me to the Fisker dealership in Orange County, Ca. My take on all this: after communication with both Fisker customer service and MKB leadership it seems there was tension between the two entities to include "unresolved issues" and "different opinions on how to handle owner's concerns". I do hope that the "flatbed option" is available if there should be any issues...

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
My friends car is going on 7th month waiting to get fixed after an accident. Getting Parts (big or small) is the problem. It's just a nightmare.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
My friends car is going on 7th month waiting to get fixed after an accident. Getting Parts (big or small) is the problem. It's just a nightmare.
It really depends on what parts I havent had any problems with the exception of body panels and some interior parts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just received a call from Alex at Fisker. He is sending a flat bed to pickup my car this Thursday for a couple of issues that he has assured me will be taken care of with current "maintenance bulletins". (Clicking up front while turning and intermittent losing of stored data at command center to include programmed radio stations and "Freezing up" of command center screen.) Let you all know how things go. :)

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
From my point of view, if a dealership decides not to sell Fisker, that is their business choice. No doubt most of the dealers thought that they would sell more Karmas than they have. That said, if a dealership is still in business selling cars, they should continue servicing the cars they sold, even if they no longer actively sell that brand.

And they should honor the commitments they made to those customers. If not, said customer should tell everyone they know about the dealership's commitment to its customers. A dealership that would abandon a customer they sold a 6 figure car to because they were no longer making enough money on selling that brand is a poor choice to purchase from.:mad: I would broadcast that fact, loudly and often, in any conversation where buying a car came up as a subject. Who would want to buy even an average vehicle from a low quality dealer?

·
Early Adopter
1,257 Posts
From my point of view, if a dealership decides not to sell Fisker, that is their business choice. No doubt most of the dealers thought that they would sell more Karmas than they have. That said, if a dealership is still in business selling cars, they should continue servicing the cars they sold, even if they no longer actively sell that brand.

And they should honor the commitments they made to those customers. If not, said customer should tell everyone they know about the dealership's commitment to its customers. A dealership that would abandon a customer they sold a 6 figure car to because they were no longer making enough money on selling that brand is a poor choice to purchase from.:mad: I would broadcast that fact, loudly and often, in any conversation where buying a car came up as a subject. Who would want to buy even an average vehicle from a low quality dealer?
Having lost my dealer in Northen Virginia just recently and dealing with the servicing issues, I have to agree with you. If Fisker makes it out of this ordeal, I hope it chooses its next set of dealers by the commitment they make. I for one learned a valuable lesson that I will pass on for sure to anyone willing to listen. My take away,never by a 6 figure car, from a 5 figure sales orginazation.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts