Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Fisker battery die before. I learned the hard about having to take off the front wheel etc. I started leaving the hood un-latched as a precaution, trickle charger etc. (I don't drive it much)Turns out my trickle charger was unplugged, now it's dead again. I raised the hood to jump it, nothing. I took the wheel off again to jump it from the actual battery, nothing. Any thoughts? I'm losing my mind.

·
Premium Member
3,078 Posts
When you say nothing does the interior lights work ? Have you tried jump starting the car at the 12 volt battery since you had the wheel off ? You need to tell us what is working or turning on . Does the gear shift selector light up when you apply 12 volts need more details

·
Registered
829 Posts
Good news is that with the next (530) software update, this should be a thing of the past. They'll start using the HV battery to keep the 12V charged over long periods. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,078 Posts
It's still easier to buy a trickle charger and not have to worry about this problem . Still the cheapest way out for now .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently am experiencing an issue where there is no power at all not enabling me to open the door or anything. Unfortunately I left my cable cord in the trunk and without power I can’t open the trunk. I followed the forum about the latch behind the left passenger seat cushion but there is no latch or cord to pull. I also followed direction from forum to jump the car where the fuse box is but nothing is happening. My car sits in a garage for only a week and I’m surprised it suddenly died with no power. I drove it last week and charged back without any issue. Anyone experiencing this and can help guide me please?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello,
I have the same problem as you for a few days.
Following the change of the 12v battery, the car will not restart, more current at all ...
For the history of sympthomas: Since a few weeks
more steering wheel controls and some more memorized settings
Week from 4 to 10 November
various trips / returns Cht / Nantes
the central screen does not launch; unable to access menus / settings; maximum temperature and ventilation; the rest works properly off put flying orders still hs
During the week of November 11 to 17
overnight, restarting, everything works properly, screen AND steering wheel controls
During the week of November 18 to 24
battery failure - Elisabeth can not open with the key
I plug the car on a mini charger on the + engine and a mass -> the next day the car starts ...
the day after, still flat; I buy a booster and the car restarts ...
Can someone point me to repair tracks to study?
Thank you in advance,
Nicolas.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good morning all,
My problem is solved! :)
Many thanks to Peter from KarmaAutomotive who is from Holland and who repaired my Fisker in a few hours.
My problem came from the VCM which took the water.
Peter changed the VCM and re-seals the level of the windshield range and presto! My Karma was restarted!
Software update + general control ... Perfect.
Thanks again Peter!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.