Fisker Buzz Forums banner

David Harris, we see you!!!

14K views 42 replies 20 participants last post by  ixtractm 
#1 ·
Many times over the last few days, I've seen "DHarris" as an active guest on the forum. David, curious, what's the latest word from you/Fisker on the sales, owner problems, etc?

#3 ·
I stirred up the corporate ladder today. Accidently called Fisker Corporate today and yesterday and the inept or rude operator sent me first to voicemail, then disconnected me, then would not answer the phone (each day) so I left a nasty voicemail telling them I was going to sue for breach of contract, contact the BBB, and contact local news agencies to do a consumer advocacy story on how they can't seem to give me a straight answer. Well, I felt bad about my tone and language, so I called back and she forwarded me to Marti Eulberg's extension, and of course, voicemail, again. But, I apolgized about my former voicemail, but explained the rudeness or ineptitude of the operator and the facts again along with my intended course of action, along with adding the their rudeness was what started this all and that I wanted not just a returned phone call, but a signed letter of apology from Henrik Fisker for the horrid treatment I had received. I don't know if I will get the letter, but I got a phone call. It should have been too easy for their switchboard and operator to say, "Let me transfer you to Customer Service" and press a button to direct me to the right phone number and main menu for Customer Service. Anyway, for those of you who were able to wade through my rantings, the latest update is that they are still working through all the cars delivered to Newark on the 16th before they start working on cars delivered on the 22nd. Still does not explain why my car, being SE # 51 is behind all these others, a clear explanation never having been received leaving me to my speculations. Anyway....sorry for the rant.

#4 ·
And I'm STILL waiting for my refund check. It has been over a month. I also made several calls today to Fisker corporate to complain. This company is the WORST to deal with! Getting a new car to market is tough, writing a check is not! This company can't even do that well! So darn frustrated.

#5 ·
Refund check? If you are talking about the $7500, you have to file paperwork with the IRS. Fisker won't be giving you a dime. Or are you talking about cancelling your order and getting your deposit back? I cancelled my deposit with Mission Motors for their Mission One motorcycle, still not in production, and they were very prompt about getting me a check.

#6 ·
kabalah70 said:
Refund check? If you are talking about the $7500, you have to file paperwork with the IRS. Fisker won't be giving you a dime. Or are you talking about cancelling your order and getting your deposit back? I cancelled my deposit with Mission Motors for their Mission One motorcycle, still not in production, and they were very prompt about getting me a check.
I cancelled my order over a month ago and not only have I not received my check, but no one at Fisker seems willing to do anything about it.

I knew it would be a struggle to get my money back from this company because oh, well, my experience with them as I was a prospective customer, but now I'm getting really pissed off!

#7 ·
That's what I figured. I am sorry to hear that Fisker is continuing its poor customer service. I know some places say upfront 6-8 weeks for refunds. As I said before, with Mission Motors, I think it was less than two weeks. Very upstanding people there, just hope they actually make a bike for sale some day.

#8 ·
Yes I am here. There are a number of us that watch the forum. I want to encourage all of you to either reach out to our customer response team at 855-575-7577. If you want you can reach out to me at 714-485-1283. We are all focused on taking care of you our customers. If you want to e-mail me feel free to send it to my corporate e-mail. Dharris@fiskerautomotive.com. While I have spoken with many of you directly please know that if you send me a private message on this forum I will respond. I cover a number of digital platforms and check in with FB every day or so..

David Harris
Fisker Automotive [hr]
SoCalGuy said:
Many times over the last few days, I've seen "DHarris" as an active guest on the forum. David, curious, what's the latest word from you/Fisker on the sales, owner problems, etc?
SoCalGuy

Sales I can't comment on (just because I don't have the data). The Owners Problems (specifically the battery ), Our aftersales teams worked through the holidays to swap the battery packs. The team is flying around the country to assist our dealers. Everyone on the Fisker Team wants to do the right thing and take care of the cars/customers. I don't check into this forum everyday (I do try to respond to any private messages asap). If there is a specific issues or concern I will assist in getting it addressed. Feel free to reach out to me at either my office number 714-485-1283 or my e-mail. dharris@fiskerautomotive.com.

David Harris
Fisker Automotive

#9 ·
DHarris said:
Yes I am here. There are a number of us that watch the forum. I want to encourage all of you to either reach out to our customer response team at 855-575-7577. If you want you can reach out to me at 714-485-1283. We are all focused on taking care of you our customers. If you want to e-mail me feel free to send it to my corporate e-mail. Dharris@fiskerautomotive.com. While I have spoken with many of you directly please know that if you send me a private message on this forum I will respond. I cover a number of digital platforms and check in with FB every day or so..

David Harris
Fisker Automotive [hr]
SoCalGuy said:
SoCalGuy

Sales I can't comment on (just because I don't have the data). The Owners Problems (specifically the battery ), Our aftersales teams worked through the holidays to swap the battery packs. The team is flying around the country to assist our dealers. Everyone on the Fisker Team wants to do the right thing and take care of the cars/customers. I don't check into this forum everyday (I do try to respond to any private messages asap). If there is a specific issues or concern I will assist in getting it addressed. Feel free to reach out to me at either my office number 714-485-1283 or my e-mail. dharris@fiskerautomotive.com.

David Harris
Fisker Automotive
David

Thanks for replying. Curious what the deal is on the floormats...?

#10 ·
SoCalGuy said:
DHarris said:

David Harris
Fisker Automotive [hr]
SoCalGuy said:
SoCalGuy

David Harris
Fisker Automotive
David

Thanks for replying. Curious what the deal is on the floormats...?
They will be available in all colors at the end of the month...

#11 ·
DHarris said:
[Floor mats] will be available in all colors at the end of the month...
Hm, that reminds me ... can you (or some news person at Fisker in a press release) give us an update on the delayed external colors (Deep Ocean most obviously although our own "Deep Ocean" has now been told that his is almost done, and apparently Inferno and Laguna as well)?

#12 ·
Not only is mine done, but its on the Morning Composer leaving Europe. (just before Europe collapses in financial ruin) (exchange your euro's soon) David, thanks for reaching out to us, its good to be able to connect with the company in a meaningful way. Yes, lots of frustration, but we're crazy for the car and want the company to succeed.

#13 ·
David,

Two suggestions for managing some of the frustration, both leveraged from the computer industry:

1. Post release notes for new firmware/computer system updates that state what has changed, what bugs have been addressed and even what bugs haven't been addressed (but hence are obviously know by Fisker.)
2. Give owners a mechanism for directly reporting issues to Fisker and provide some means to acknowledge receipt of the bug report.

Many of your initial customers seem to be from the high tech industry and are very familar with both the issues with "Revision 1.0 technology" and the mechanisms used to track issues and communicate changes in the product.

One man's opinion, but having transparency, particularly around what is being fixed and having an outlet for us to report issues directly rather than rely on either the dealers communicating them back or you reading this forum would be very helpful.

#17 ·
I agree completely, but I don't see it happening as that would let outsiders inside and I think Fisker, due to bad publicity most due to its mistakes, is rather weary to let outsiders have inside info. Of course, they could have us sign statements of non-disclosure, but once again, I don't see it happening.

#18 ·
ct-fiskerbuzz said:
DHarris said:
[Floor mats] will be available in all colors at the end of the month...
Hm, that reminds me ... can you (or some news person at Fisker in a press release) give us an update on the delayed external colors (Deep Ocean most obviously although our own "Deep Ocean" has now been told that his is almost done, and apparently Inferno and Laguna as well)?
I will get an update on the paint issues next week. Stay tuned and I will post more info (next week). I know that there are discussions around specific product attributes/behavior... We have systems that help us capture those issues and tally them, please help us by making sure that you call our customer service number at 855-575-7577 with your concerns or comments. Additionally I have started and will continue to spend more time on this forum however if you have specific concerns feel free to private message me or e-mail me at dharris@fiskerautomotive.com or call my office at 714-485-1283. As always everyones passion around the Fisker Automotive Brand is appreciated.

David Harris
Fisker Automotive

#20 ·
Yeah, I already planned on that, but I'm waiting until I get my car back someday to see what I can eliminate (or add) to the list before sending it off. Besides, I was having so many new bugs every time I took it out that I figured no point in sending in the list until I've run out of new things to add to it.

-Brian

#21 ·
Fnorrod said:
David,

Two suggestions for managing some of the frustration, both leveraged from the computer industry:

1. Post release notes for new firmware/computer system updates that state what has changed, what bugs have been addressed and even what bugs haven't been addressed (but hence are obviously know by Fisker.)
2. Give owners a mechanism for directly reporting issues to Fisker and provide some means to acknowledge receipt of the bug report.

Many of your initial customers seem to be from the high tech industry and are very familar with both the issues with "Revision 1.0 technology" and the mechanisms used to track issues and communicate changes in the product.

One man's opinion, but having transparency, particularly around what is being fixed and having an outlet for us to report issues directly rather than rely on either the dealers communicating them back or you reading this forum would be very helpful.

Forrest,

Thank you both for the e-mail and the post. Addressing the first point Let me see what we can do with respect to posting a summary on the release notes. I agree with your transparency comments with one condition. The information has to be accurate and clear.

Regarding the second point, I want to encourage all comments/concerns from our owners and drivers through our customer service number 855-575-7577. Its through that team that we capture, categorize and tally specific issues.

Our retailers are chosen for their experience and they have made considerable investments into our brand. These are some of the best automotive retailers in the industry and I encourage you to work with them. I am not discouraging you from reaching out to us but our Fisker Retailers should be working directly with you, because it is their stores that you have a day to day relationship with.

I also want all of you to know that executive leadership, operational management and the workers at large (Who make it all happen) with-in Fisker Automotive read this forum. We, like all of you are very passionate about the Fisker Brand and we want the Fisker Experience to be the best that it can be.

Thank you for the input ( it is appreciated very much).

Sincerely,

David Harris
Fisker Automotive

#24 ·
That's all fine and dandy for general PR feel-good statements, but when the rubber hits the road, Fisker is simply failing to communicate effectively with its customers. I ask for weekly updates since my car has arrived at Newark 22 Dec and the first week I get the report: awaiting software upgrade, battery swap, and post transport inspections. I did get verbal clarification a few days later that the cars arriving on the 16th were still in the queue ahead of mine. Then the next weekly report and it is exactly the same. Is it too much to ask for a report showing progress, such as 'last week there were 132 cars in front of you in the queue, this week there are 100 cars in front of you in the queue, and it looks like your car will be gotten to in about three weeks'? I mean there are people who placed there orders long after I did, years, and they have their car already. I hate getting bad news, but I hate getting no news even more.

#25 ·
kabalah70 said:
That's all fine and dandy for general PR feel-good statements, but when the rubber hits the road, Fisker is simply failing to communicate effectively with its customers. I ask for weekly updates since my car has arrived at Newark 22 Dec and the first week I get the report: awaiting software upgrade, battery swap, and post transport inspections. I did get verbal clarification a few days later that the cars arriving on the 16th were still in the queue ahead of mine. Then the next weekly report and it is exactly the same. Is it too much to ask for a report showing progress, such as 'last week there were 132 cars in front of you in the queue, this week there are 100 cars in front of you in the queue, and it looks like your car will be gotten to in about three weeks'? I mean there are people who placed there orders long after I did, years, and they have their car already. I hate getting bad news, but I hate getting no news even more.
Kabalah70, I know that our customer service team speaks with several of our customers on a regular basis. In some cases (at least one) a customer provided a template that the representative fills out every two days and emails to the customer. I apologize if we didn't follow up with you over the holidays. I would encourage anyone who has a similar frustration to reach out to our call center if you would like updates on your car even if we have no news (good or otherwise) the call center welcomes the contact. (They are a great crew who have been really passionate about representing and being empathetic with you, our customers).

Best regards,
David Harris
Fisker Automotive

#26 ·
DHarris said:
kabalah70 said:
Kabalah70, I know that our customer service team speaks with several of our customers on a regular basis. In some cases (at least one) a customer provided a template that the representative fills out every two days and emails to the customer. I apologize if we didn't follow up with you over the holidays. I would encourage anyone who has a similar frustration to reach out to our call center if you would like updates on your car even if we have no news (good or otherwise) the call center welcomes the contact. (They are a great crew who have been really passionate about representing and being empathetic with you, our customers).

Best regards,
David Harris
Fisker Automotive
The information they provide is no more than general info at best as described in my other posts. Simply telling me it is in the queue for two weeks in a row is not an update. I mean how many posts do I have to state regarding this. I am speaking English, albeit American-English, right?
(1) I call Customer Support and all I get are basic generalized statements that tell me nothing about the status of my car. Nothing as detailed as I mention above like 'we are currently processing 25 cars per day at the port and there are 130 cars in front of yours in the queue." I mean how difficult is it?
(2) I still have not received a call, e-mail, or any other correspondence from you, David Harris, regarding why my Signature Edition fell so far back from all the other SE's. Here is a copy of the e-mail I receieved from the lady that has been providing me with my updates:

"Dear Mr. Woodward,

The current status of your Fisker Karma is the following:

Fisker Karma Signature Edition #51
VIN: YH4K10BA4CA000051
Arrived at Port of Newark: December 22, 2011
Status: Your vehicle is currently in queue to receive the latest software update, and A123 battery replacement
Destination: Fisker of Huntsville
Customer: David Woodward

Dave Harris, will also be reaching out to you to discuss the status of your Fisker Karma.

I would like to thank you on behalf of Fisker Automotive and myself for being a deposit holder. Your patience and loyalty to our brand does not go without notice. If I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please feel free to contact me direct.

Sincerely,
Natalie Goudarzian"

So, I look forward to this information from you and hope that it is not a bunch of non-illuminating statements like 'We are sorry that your Signature Edition Fisker Karma has not arrived in a timely manner, the production process is complicated, blah, blah, blah.' I want some concrete information regarding its delay compared to all the other SEs. I mean of the three other members I can recall on this forum, #7, #49, and #72 all have their SEs and several members have non-SEs. Am I really asking for too much?

Well, Mr. Harris?.........................................[hr]
For those of you who think that I am simply trying to get answers from Fisker on this forum and not through their channels. I even went so far as to leave a voicemail, since she didn't answer her phone, on Marti Eulberg's work phone. She is VP of Global Sales and Marketing and the one who gave Ray Lane his keys to his Signature Edition, for those of who who don't know. So, to say that I have not elevated this issue to the highest levels would be incorrect, as I doubt I could get in touch with Henrik Fisker, himself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.