Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had this issue?
When I unlock the car and get inside there's a loud squeaking noise coming from the middle, upper dashboard that lasts for 2 minutes then stops.

This happens regardless of turning the engine on or not. It started a month ago and now always happens after the car's been parked for more than a few hours. Sounds like air escaping a pinched balloon.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
211 Posts
It can be the baffles for the air ducts inside the car. Sometimes, due to usage and dry hinges they can squeak. My other car does this from time to time, and it is nothing to worry about. Wait and see if it eventually resolves itself and run the inside fan a few times on high and low then change vents to blow at you then floor, etc and recycle it a few times. It may go away. Either way, nothing disastrous.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
It's the air distribution blind roller in the HVAC unit. Not much you can do besides pull the dash to replace it. Pretty expensive repair.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Check if you can still select vents. I bet it's blowing from all the vents all the time. It that's the case then you need what FiskerPhilly said. The blind has torn and it just keeps rolling for a minute or so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts