I've been meaning to do something to the wheels for quite a while...partially for aesthetics and to help alleviate some of the curb rash. I wanted something that would better match with all the black accents on the car but still look right/classy with the diamond dust paint. The kit parts cost @ $70 with shipping and consisted of 4 cans of matt black, 1 can of bronze metalizer and 3 cans of glossifier. I still have 2 full cans of the black, half a can of metalizer and half a gloss left over. In total I used 12 coats with a minimum of 30 minutes between each coat. I used to garbage bags per wheel to cover the suspension and brake components...and I can re-use them inside out. If I were to do it again, I would have used a thicker black coat each time for a smoother finish. Overall, I'm very happy with the results. The wheels now look gloss black, except when light/sun hits them. Not sure it comes across well enough in the photos but here you go. I know a few of you were curious to see the results. I did it with the rims still on the car and I taped out the chrome centers but now realize I didn't need to do that to easily remove the coating. The overspray easily peeled off the wheels.
201.2 KB Views: 280
138.9 KB Views: 229