Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Regarding the TPS light on the Instrument Display.

Today the TPS light came on - All 4 tires are at the recommended PSI rating.

40 in the fronts 36 in the rears.

The CIU shows no tire pressure issue.

Anyone know any trick to turn that nagging icon off?

Of all the dash light in all my cars that little P***k drives me wild :)

Font Wood Circle Symbol Plant

Tigga

Registered
No. You have a bad sensor. The only way to turn out the light is with the fisker scan tool and a special TPMS tool to program a new sensor to the VCM.
Alternatively a piece of black electrical tape or a business card will hide the light just fine 馃槈

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No. You have a bad sensor. The only way to turn out the light is with the fisker scan tool and a special TPMS tool to program a new sensor to the VCM.
Alternatively a piece of black electrical tape or a business card will hide the light just fine 馃槈
Ok I will change them out.

They are Factory OEM and 10 years old.

I would guess the coin battery is NFG.

Tigga

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Premium Member
2012 Fisker Karma #1030
UPDATE:

Changed the battery in the TPMS and the light on the dash is now gone. No Fisker laptop required.

Tigga
Outstanding - so you had to remove the tire, open up the sensor and replace the battery. Seems like a much more cost effective approach than the TPMS replacement and repairing I had to go through. Do all four of your tires report correctly now?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Outstanding - so you had to remove the tire, open up the sensor and replace the battery. Seems like a much more cost effective approach than the TPMS replacement and repairing I had to go through. Do all four of your tires report correctly now?
Hi Simon,

Yes, and yes. :D

It was simple - plus I had the tire shop only break the front bead and not the back bead so rebalancing the tire was not required.

No Fisker laptop was required as the ID of the old sensor (dead battery) was still programed to the VCM.

All 4 tires now read normal. TMPS light on dash also cleared.

YouTube has many videos on how to change out any vehicle TMPS sensor battery.

Tigga

Registered
I can鈥檛 believe each TPS has a battery, and all 4 of mine have been working for 10 years without replacement?! That seems impossible. Anyway thanks for documenting this here, as I鈥檓 sure it will happen eventually.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can鈥檛 believe each TPS has a battery, and all 4 of mine have been working for 10 years without replacement?! That seems impossible. Anyway thanks for documenting this here, as I鈥檓 sure it will happen eventually.
Hi all,

Here is an update from my Ateq VT30 - Let me know if anyone needs to borrow the Ateq VT30 to check their sensors.

---- LEFT FRONT ----
Sensor ID : 472848911
Pressure : 38.83 PSI
Temperature : 60 F
Battery state: OK
Sensor state: Lo Line
---- RIGHT FRONT ----
Sensor ID : 472538609
Pressure : 40.42 PSI
Temperature : 62 F
---- RIGHT REAR ----
Sensor ID : 472540166
Pressure : 35.64 PSI
Temperature : 64 F
---- LEFT REAR ----
Sensor ID : 473036525
Pressure : 35.4 PSI
Temperature : 64 F

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.