Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At times, my D and R buttons are without function. This happens after entering the car and setting it into READY mode.

In about 50%, switching of, waiting until the PRND light goes off and switching it on again, solves it...
The other 50%, I have to reset...

Any idea? Not a big deal, but opening the hood for the reset is kind of awkward.

Thanks

Stefan
German Karma Forum
www.karma-forum.de

·
Registered
913 Posts
At times, my D and R buttons are without function. This happens after entering the car and setting it into READY mode.
...http://www.karma-forum.de
Does the word READY flash?

I had that happen once (flashing READY, no STEALTH). The Fisker phone service center guys had me power down, wait 2 extra minutes, and restart and it went away. One of our tech guys on these boards said it indicates some kind of fault detected in the high voltage system.

Mine never occurred again so that's all I know.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes. READY was flashing... You reminded me on this one.

Will talk to my tech.

Thanks.

And yes, I tried pressing brake... No difference.

Stefan
German Karma Forum
www.karma-forum.de

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
@Stephan: You may have already tried this, but if not, it's worth a try. This is the procedure to reset the PRND gear selector. I have used it before and it seems to work. This was provided by one of the Fisker technicians who used to be on this site. As the notes state, you may have to try it more than once to see the effect:

System Ready Mode, foot on the brake:
Press and hold D for 3 seconds
Press and hold N for 3 seconds
Press and hold R for 3 seconds
Press and hold P for 3 seconds
Shut off the car and allow to go to sleep

may need to be done 2-3 times, but corrects the concern in 99% of the cases.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, fabulist, I tried this, without luck.
I had to use it after my first and only PRND fault on 615... It worked fine.

Thanks

Stefan
German Karma Forum
www.karma-forum.de

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
The ready light flashing is a software problem. For now, the known 'fix' is to power it down like you've done, wait for it to go back to sleep then start it up again. Should solve it in almost all cases. Personally, I haven't had to do a hard 12v reset for this.

What I have noticed is that it happens after taking the vehicle off a charger, and immediately turning it on. Is that what you've noticed as well?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, I won't say, that I have been in a hurry, when it happened... Most of the one, I have the same procedure:

Unplugging J1772,
Opening the trunk, if anything to stow away,
Unlocking,
Entering the car,
Starting to ready mode...

Once (!) it was without any charging event. I had to pick up a friend... Locking the car, 3-5 minutes later, D and R haven't had any function....

If it is a software problem, it might get fixed within days...

Think positive!!!!!

Stefan
German Karma Forum
www.karma-forum.de

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good to stay positive, I do the same, and am still a big fan of Fisker, and love driving one everyday, but I would love to drive my own beautiful Laguna one again.

Today they told me that after receiving some parts, they are hoping to give me good news tomorrow, but I have only had my own car for 1 week since mid November.
As I had several dealer Fiskers to keep me in electric mode, I am still ok, but would really like my own car back.

The problem started with several small things, but ended with the flashing ready sign. After the hard reset, I thought it was time for the dealer to have a look.
The main thing I noticed was that it made a different sound when I shut it down, different type of clicking!?!

First diagnosis, a broken diode, but after replacement, all problems came back quickly.
Second they placed an extra diode, but a few days later they finally found the real problem, a wire, behind the dashboard, that was a bit overextended, sometimes making contact, sometimes not, which resulted in strange glitches.
But after taking out the dash, replacing all wires, the car decided to never switch on again.

I will speak to them tomorrow, to learn what they have replaced now, and if it works, I really hope so, as I want it back!

So if your dealer cannot solve it with a software update, let them contact Klaas Kos at Fisker Nederland, maybe they can save a lot of time by not repeating the same mistakes on your car.

The good thing is that the Silver Fisker that I have been driving since November has no problems at all, so I am convinced the concept is fine. I (and my dealer making a lot of costs on my car) are just a bit unlucky.

good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Bring the car back to the dealer when the HV battery has less then 5 miles left on it and have them check the cell deviation .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts