Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The CSP program ends 1/31/16. Actually, you need to make an appointment for service/repair/upgrade by 1/31/16 and have the work performed by 4/30/16.

In light of the delay in 530, I wanted to arrange to have service and the 530 upgrade performed at the same time so I wouldn't have to take the vehicle in twice (or have it flatbedded twice) to a service center that is an hour's drive away. One would think that a simple request, but no, we are dealing with Fisker, new name or not. After many emails, this was accomplished (as an "exception," but my take is the "exception" applies to all that ask, but you must ask.)

I now have an appointment scheduled at Elite Motors on March 30. I am told 530 should be released by then. I am also told that no matter when 530 is released, the software and installation will be free to existing Karma owners.

I also contacted Eurocar. I was told I could expect to have my car in their shop for a WEEK for routine service/maintenance. I declined.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Old Fisker dealers used to do house calls and were very accommodating, until the bottom fell out. I have gotten the cold shoulder and silence from Karma Auto so one has to assume once their legal obligations are finished that they would rather forget about us.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
As long as they agree to pay for 530 I can live with that but their is no way I can open a repair order at the end of January and keep it open until 530 comes out .
Also in order to make a claim for any repair we need an Op code with out that no claim can be made .

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
As long as they agree to pay for 530 I can live with that but their is no way I can open a repair order at the end of January and keep it open until 530 comes out .
Also in order to make a claim for any repair we need an Op code with out that no claim can be made .
I sure hope the Vancouver CSP opened the repair orders I asked them to, as they could not do the repair requested at the time (or perhaps ever). I asked them to do the windshield silicon to protect the CIU and the soft spline/traction motor fix. I have a follow-up appointment mid March.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
What happens if we are still waiting for a part claimed during the warrantee period? I'm still waiting for my plastic seat cover.

·
Registered
146 Posts
530 Software Ungraded

I'm in the Michigan area and I've had the 530 software installed by the CSP here in Troy Michigan. I also had other repairs done, maintenance, muffler, both outer tie rods, etc. The bill was almost $5000. It was all paid for by Karma Automotive. Two things they wouldn't pay for, front in alignment and the parking light on the right front fender. The CSP wanted to charge me $300 for front in alignment. I said no I'll take that somewhere else. I paid $188 to replace the light on the side of the front fender.

There seems like some subtle differences (improvement) in the performance of the vehicle but it's difficult to tell.

Is there anyway to identify or verify the 530 upgrade in the vehicle?

Samuel

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
Odd, that you already had 530 installed. It was just announced last Friday, and isn't supposed to be available until February 26. Sure it wasn't 520 that was installed which had little to do with performance and more with diagnostics.

·
Registered
146 Posts
530 Upgrade, NOT LIKELY

AlJOHN

It is very odd in deed. I will call the CSP the first thing in the morning. The vehicle was in for service for repairs and for the software upgrade to 520 when the announcement for 530 was made. I called the CSP and told them about the announcement and they said they would see if they can obtain the 530 and install it. When they called and told me the vehicle was ready for pickup I asked them about the 530 upgrade and they said it was done. I was shocked and I asked the service adviser was he sure and he assured be it had been done. After reading your post I read the service order and I don't think I have the 530 upgrade. 530Updated.jpg

For one, the service order indicate that it was done at no charge. This CSP has never performed any service for me at no charge. You will note that it also states that the vehicle already updated to 530 software. See the attachment

Samuel

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
There is status screen you can access to check the version information of some of the software on your car. See this thread for more information. I don't know what the individual versions are for 530, but someone may be able to post the correct numbers.

·
Authorized svc facility
3 Posts
Members,

The 530 baseline update is currently available. If your VIN still has the "old" HVAC control module that will not except flashing then you will have to purchase with funds or "out of pocket".

Best Regards,

EUROCAR

·
Registered
57 Posts
Members,

The 530 baseline update is currently available. If your VIN still has the "old" HVAC control module that will not except flashing then you will have to purchase with funds or "out of pocket".

Best Regards,

EUROCAR
Is Eurocar accepting appointments now? Last email I got from Brittany was that Eurocar was not working on vehicles. She actually outright rejected working on my car and several other owners vehicles Very bad service.

·
Authorized svc facility
3 Posts
Is Eurocar accepting appointments now? Last email I got from Brittany was that Eurocar was not working on vehicles. She actually outright rejected working on my car and several other owners vehicles Very bad service.
Just informing the SoCal masses about the update.

·
Registered
334 Posts
This actually good question.. No t sure why KarmaNews kept them and they know euro cars refuse to take appointments..

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
I had 530 installed yesterday. The low speed growl is gone. The fuel level gauge is steadier -- does change as much and appears more accurate. In the drive home, the torque seemed smoother in Sport Mode. I seldom accelerate aggressive, so can't comment on Torque Hole.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Hill mode is remembered after disengaging cruise control if you use the button below the set switch.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just had 530 updated at my closest CSP- Frank Kent..... well not that close, it was about 4 1/2 hrs away. I've been driving for several days now and as far as 530 goes, it has been great. I don't notice the growl at low speeds and most importantly, no more P1200 code that had haunted me for several months. Andrew and Ron Evans have been most gracious in getting me in and out the same day. They were fabulous to deal with.

However, I noticed a few quirks that didn't exist pre-530. I now hear a noticeable "click/clunk" sound when I brake to a stop. Right before my Fisker comes to a full stop, there's a single click/clunk sound towards the back, most likely near the traction motors or RDM. I'm not sure exactly where this sound originates, but it happens every single time I brake to a stop. When I'm at a standstill and pump the brakes, there's no clunk sound, so I'm guessing it has nothing to do with the brake calipers. ANY IDEAS ON THIS? Anyone experience this after 530 update?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts