Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone familiar with a loud, 'cracking' sound coming from either the wind shield or the dashboard ?!? It's quite annoying, and I don't have any idea what this might be....

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sounds like wind noise I experienced when I first got my Karma. If you have a good service dept. They can make some adjustments and get rid of most if not all of it.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I am familiar with it, but I have no idea what causes it. My car is now in for service and I'll let you know what they find out.

·
Early Adopter
1,256 Posts
paroos1963 said:
Anyone familiar with a loud, 'cracking' sound coming from either the wind shield or the dashboard ?!? It's quite annoying, and I don't have any idea what this might be....
I had a noise after the first week of driving my car. Took it in and they fix some seal / gasket in the front go the engine conpartmenr - don't remember the specific part, but I think if you ask your dealer and explain the issues they will find the repair procedures ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nin ja said:
paroos1963 said:
I had a noise after the first week of driving my car. Took it in and they fix some seal / gasket in the front go the engine conpartmenr - don't remember the specific part, but I think if you ask your dealer and explain the issues they will find the repair procedures ...
Well, the car will be in for service coming Tuesday. Seems that the dealer doesn't have any idea neither so far. But good to know that I'm not the only one. I let you know guys what the results will be...

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Well, the car will be in for service coming Tuesday. Seems that the dealer doesn't have any idea neither so far. But good to know that I'm not the only one. I let you know guys what the results will be...
Have them check the seal around the windows as well.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had the same noise. It's from the seals around the vents in the dash - as they heat or cool they expand/contract and rub against the surrounding leather. my dealer made some adjustments which helped a bit, but I still get the noise...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, got my car back and apparently it is fixed. Said it was in the dashboard....? Anyway, it seems to be solved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts