Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of right now Fisker has taken the position not to warranty the cracked screen (1,621.94 + tax). They feel that something struck the screen, as if they were in the car instead of me. In actuality they are saying that i lied about how it happened.

I blew my top and i hope they change their position because after all the issues i (actually all the customers)have been going thru they could be a little more responsive rather than make assumptions.

I told them flat out that unless they change their position my relationship with Fisker will end as i will get rid of the car in an instant.

Also since i am on the warpath, i told them that i will not take the car back until the trunk lid (mine is pretty noticeable) is aligned properly. An issue that i have ignored until now.

Ok time to calm down and go drink some Camomile. The thing that really gets me furious is the way they are assuming what happened.

Hopefully they will change their position.

Until now not a negative word has come out of my mouth about Fisker and i would like to keep it that way.

I welcome any suggestions or opinions.

:mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Well, surely you can understand their position on this as there hasnt been any problems with the screens cracking. Do you have a picture of the cracked screen, does the cracks radiate around the point you pressed or do they go straight to an edge?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course i am not insensitive to their position. But in every product line there are some defective items. Having said that i have had cars with touch screens since 2005 and never an issue. What i am mad about is that they are assuming that something struck the screen. I was in the car i should know. Nothing struck the screen. As far as a picture i do not have one and i can't comment on how the cracks radiate. Since they barely have 1,000 cars on the road, this could be the start of an ongoing problem. They really should take a closer look at this than just dismiss it they way they are doing.

The Dealer disagrees with Fisker, so i'm just sitting back and awaiting a reply. But if unfavorable i will take whatever path necessary to get an independent ruling on this (arbitration, court, etc. etc.).


Raven said:
Well, surely you can understand their position on this as there hasnt been any problems with the screens cracking. Do you have a picture of the cracked screen, does the cracks radiate around the point you pressed or do they go straight to an edge?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Decision has come down: Fisker will not cover the screen under warranty. Right now i am furious so i will make this brief. I am not having the screen repaired as i am going to start whatever legal action is necessary so i need at least to take pictures of it. Having been so patient with all Karma issues, I would have at least liked Fisker to take a closer look at this rather than decide 'that something struck the screen". I will probably not hold on to this car much longer, but until then when people ask me why i have a cracked screen i will state the facts and only the facts.

Best to all. It has been a great short stay.

lori
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,659 Posts
lori said:
Decision has come down: Fisker will not cover the screen under warranty. Right now i am furious so i will make this brief. I am not having the screen repaired as i am going to start whatever legal action is necessary so i need at least to take pictures of it. Having been so patient with all Karma issues, I would have at least liked Fisker to take a closer look at this rather than decide 'that something struck the screen". I will probably not hold on to this car much longer, but until then when people ask me why i have a cracked screen i will state the facts and only the facts.

Best to all. It has been a great short stay.

lori
@Lori, this is an incredibly short-sighted and counterproductive decision by Fisker. I feel like I should apologize to you even though I am only a fellow Fisker owner. This is definitely going to dim my enthusiasm for the company. Considering how much Fisker is spending fixing problems like the Rear Drive Module and the fan, paying to replace the command center screen would have been trivial. Even if "something struck the screen", this is a great opportunity for them to analyze the damage and make design revisions to enhance the quality of the screen.

This is a very bad call by someone at Fisker who does not seem to understand the importance of every single Fisker Karma owner as a brand ambassador and proselytizer for the brand, the company, and the Karma.


I started a thread as a petition to Fisker to reverse this short-sighted decision. Everyone who agrees, please respond to the post with your handle (or name if you prefer) and your Karma's serial number.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
546 Posts
This is a very disappointing decision on the part of Fisker. It's preposterous to think that someone who forked over $100,000 for a Karma would lie about how a screen got cracked in order to get a free replacement!
 

·
Early Adopter
Joined
·
1,255 Posts
lori said:
As of right now Fisker has taken the position not to warranty the cracked screen (1,621.94 + tax). They feel that something struck the screen, as if they were in the car instead of me. In actuality they are saying that i lied about how it happened.

I blew my top and i hope they change their position because after all the issues i (actually all the customers)have been going thru they could be a little more responsive rather than make assumptions.

I told them flat out that unless they change their position my relationship with Fisker will end as i will get rid of the car in an instant.

Also since i am on the warpath, i told them that i will not take the car back until the trunk lid (mine is pretty noticeable) is aligned properly. An issue that i have ignored until now.

Ok time to calm down and go drink some Camomile. The thing that really gets me furious is the way they are assuming what happened.

Hopefully they will change their position.

Until now not a negative word has come out of my mouth about Fisker and i would like to keep it that way.

I welcome any suggestions or opinions.

:mad:
lets see if we can put pressure on fisker to do the right thing -- to stay in business, they'll need all the good will they can get right now - hang in there and lets se how they respond to a united owners stand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
996 Posts
To play devils advocate here: If Fisker does indeed goodwill this repair it may open up a Pandora's box of good-willing all sorts of repairs (which may be due to abuse). The dealer should replace this for no charge and then hash it out with Fisker Corporate. This would be the best case scenario as it would not set a precedent of good-willing this type of repair, by Fisker Corporate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Up until now everyone on this thread has been civil. That stops now!

Message to Fisker from an early adopter:

This is pure B.S.

Replace her screen under warranty simply to foster Fisker’s customer service reputation.

I know if I got jerked around as this owner has the Karma would be gone in a heartbeat.

Subsequently, I would make sure my network of automotive friends, dealers and show promoters would know of the inflexible warranty stance Fisked had taken.

Couple that with my broadcasting of the horrible street value and rapid depreciation of a used Karma.

Don’t get me wrong. I like my Karma but I do sacrifice quite a bit to get along with the vehicles quirks. I do this because I believe Fisker will do the right thing for the early adopters and fix the bugs.

If Fisker is going to balk on replacing this owners display screen my confidence in Fisker will become somewhat diminished.

Next week my Karma is scheduled for the fan recall and software upgrade.

Perhaps, I’ll look at some of the other high-end vehicles my dealer sells, just in case I become totally disappointed in Fisker customer service and decide to trade.

Do the right thing. The early adopters did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Dear fellow Karma Owners,

Thank you for all the support, I immensely appreciate it. It great to see us all stick together. Hopefully i will not have to, but i would reciprocate the support in a flash if need be.

I have not had a chance to get to a computer earlier, but the dealership has decided to replace the screen and they will take it up with Fisker. My last communication with them was not pretty.

Nevertheless it's nice to have a dealership back a customer up. They are having the part overnighted so i can make Sunday's show. They will get my support. Fisker will not. When and if i hear from them will decide the future of our relationship.

So i guess i should be happy, but for some reason i am not.
'Something struck the screen'. I am going to make a poster out of this and hang it in my garage. lol

I cannot thank you enough for your support and please make sure you stop playing baseball in your Karma's othewise 'something will strike your screen' :)

Best to all
Lori
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
556 Posts
Trust is very important. What I read when I see this thread is that you placed trust in Fisker as an early adopter, but that in this instance, Fisker did not return that trust. Someone at Fisker, but probably not all of Fisker, made a very poor judgment call in deciding that since the screens weren’t a known problem, you had misused yours. He probably didn’t even consider that in the process he was calling you a liar. I’m not trying to excuse him, it was terrible judgment.

I'm sorry for your experience Lori, and hope it will be made-up to you. Everyone has a learning curve to go through and this incident strikes me similarly to the car fire where someone at Fisker insinuated that the owner might have set the fire intentionally. In both cases, Fisker didn’t exhibit any trust in the owner who took a chance and trusted Fisker.

For what it is worth, my two calls to Fisker were responded to quickly and courteously although there was no question about whether one of the issues was covered under warranty. I could not blame Fisker for flat tires, but they certainly bailed me out by quickly towing me to my dealership when I didn’t know what else to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for the reply. For me when it comes to owning cars trust if the key. When the trust is broken it changes the whole game.

At this point i'm confused. I really love the car. The technology, the shape, the interior, the sound system, the steering wheel, the handling, 4 seats, etc etc. I could go on and on.

Yea there are some issues. The trunk (at least mine) looks open when it's closed, the outside tire wear is premature, the check engine light, and so on. But until now I have dealt with it because there was trust.

Of course you are right, whether they realized it or not they called me a liar, and that is what infuriated me and led to some not so nice totally out of character comments.

Of course i found out yesterday in general conversation with dealership personnel that my screen is not the first screen to crack.
I did not go into any details as I did not want to get anyone in trouble. Sooo let's keep an eye/ear on this issue.

So i love the car but not Fisker. It's like: 'I love my salary, but I hate my job/employer.' So I am going to take it one day at a time, and see what happens, but the 'trade the car seed has been planted'.

I am going to the National Plug in day car show tomorrow and quite frankly I do not know how I am going to respond to comments.

Someone suggested that at the very least i take the name badges off the car, but I don't think I will do that.

Well i guess in the end the car is whole again, and the situation was resolved and life goes on.

Will i hear from Fisker???

I am happy to hear that your situation was handled to your satisfaction.

Well the sun is shining right now so i think i will take the Karma for a ride and try to enjoy the experience.

Best Regards,
Lori

EVer1 said:
Trust is very important. What I read when I see this thread is that you placed trust in Fisker as an early adopter, but that in this instance, Fisker did not return that trust. Someone at Fisker, but probably not all of Fisker, made a very poor judgment call in deciding that since the screens weren’t a known problem, you had misused yours. He probably didn’t even consider that in the process he was calling you a liar. I’m not trying to excuse him, it was terrible judgment.

I'm sorry for your experience Lori, and hope it will be made-up to you. Everyone has a learning curve to go through and this incident strikes me similarly to the car fire where someone at Fisker insinuated that the owner might have set the fire intentionally. In both cases, Fisker didn’t exhibit any trust in the owner who took a chance and trusted Fisker.

For what it is worth, my two calls to Fisker were responded to quickly and courteously although there was no question about whether one of the issues was covered under warranty. I could not blame Fisker for flat tires, but they certainly bailed me out by quickly towing me to my dealership when I didn’t know what else to do.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,659 Posts
lori said:
I am going to the National Plug in day car show tomorrow and quite frankly I do not know how I am going to respond to comments.

Someone suggested that at the very least i take the name badges off the car, but I don't think I will do that.
A suggestion: When people ask about the car, you can (truthfully as it turns out) praise your dealer and his commitment without saying anything one way or another about Fisker corporate for now. I am certain (at least I hope) that this is going to turn out to have been a bad judgment call by someone worried about product liability or some such thing and a grownup at Fisker will come to their senses and correct it. But in the meantime, there is no reason for you no to talk about how much you like the car itself or what great service you have gotten from your dealer.

Good call on not removing the badges. I am almost certain that replacing them would not be covered under the warranty. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fab,

Absolutely, I will give credit where credit is due.

:thumbup:

Lori


Fabulist said:
lori said:
I am going to the National Plug in day car show tomorrow and quite frankly I do not know how I am going to respond to comments.

Someone suggested that at the very least i take the name badges off the car, but I don't think I will do that.
A suggestion: When people ask about the car, you can (truthfully as it turns out) praise your dealer and his commitment without saying anything one way or another about Fisker corporate for now. I am certain (at least I hope) that this is going to turn out to have been a bad judgment call by someone worried about product liability or some such thing and a grownup at Fisker will come to their senses and correct it. But in the meantime, there is no reason for you no to talk about how much you like the car itself or what great service you have gotten from your dealer.

Good call on not removing the badges. I am almost certain that replacing them would not be covered under the warranty. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,659 Posts
Plug In Day

@Lori:

How did it go at Plug In Day? Did you talk to the press? Any good photos?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RE: Plug In Day

Plug in day was pretty cool. I did talk to the press. They asked me questions, I gave them honest answers, all positive. They did not ask me about Fisker, so nothing was said.

I spent most of the time asking people to not lean on or in the car. i turned around for a second and found a woman opening the door to get in the car. It was just crazy that i could not go 10 feet from the car. Next time it will be roped off.

All in all it was a good experience and I finally got to talk to a few companies about going solar with the house.

Fabulist said:
@Lori:

How did it go at Plug In Day? Did you talk to the press? Any good photos?
[hr]
They did not give the cracked screen back to me and actually i did not request it. Since i was not going to let them fix it i would have taken plenty of pics when i got the car back.



doug said:
Were there ever any photos of that cracked screen?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,063 Posts
I've may missed it your write up I was wondering how the screen cracked were you using it or just came out for a drive and noticed it was cracked .Another question for you do you have the 628 software installed if you do did the crack happen before or after the software upgrade.628 is the software that eliminates the clock .
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
353 Posts
Harleyguy said:
I've may missed it your write up I was wondering how the screen cracked were you using it or just came out for a drive and noticed it was cracked .Another question for you do you have the 628 software installed if you do did the crack happen before or after the software upgrade.628 is the software that eliminates the clock .
Hi Harleyguy,
Sounds like you're wondering if the increased Haptic force provided by 628 might have cracked the screen.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,659 Posts
RE: Plug In Day

lori said:
I spent most of the time asking people to not lean on or in the car. i turned around for a second and found a woman opening the door to get in the car. It was just crazy that i could not go 10 feet from the car. Next time it will be roped off.
That's not cool. :-/ The crowd at Cupertino were a lot more considerate. I left the car with the windows open while I was checking out the other cars and kept an eye on it while I was away. A lot people stuck their heads in the open window to check out the interior but no one opened the doors, unless I was standing next to the car and gave them permission to do so. The only exception was a 10-year old kid who just ran up and opened the door in full view of his parents. When I told him to stop and that he needs to ask for permission first, he and his parents left in a huff. I will skip my old man rant about how rude and useless the new generation are. Suffice it to say, the kid's parents were not doing him any favors.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top