Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just of of curiosity - what has it cost some of you to rebuild the electric motors with hardened shafts/splines?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Just of of curiosity - what has it cost some of you to rebuild the electric motors with hardened shafts/splines?
Sorry. There are too many variables to give you a hard and fast number. You need to take your car to a Karma Service Center. But you can assume that most of the work will be covered by the New Karma's CSP - if you qualify as an original owner.

I went through a similar exercise and the new company covered it.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I would contact FiskerPhilly for an explanation and quote, because as Ira says "it depends", but it is absolutely something to look into before January 2016 when the CSP runs out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting information for those of us looking to purchase. Of course we would not be original owners, but what actually happens when the CSP expires Jan 2016?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have been told about $8500. $2500 for each motor. about $2200 in labor, $500 differential re-work? the rest is misc parts. sound about right?
i am not an original owner.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Karma Automotive (@KarmaNews) has "pre-hinted" about a new 2 year bumper to bumper extended warranty that they plan to announce around the 1st of the year. They have given no details, as yet, no doubt because they have not finalized the details themselves ... but it sounds like we may have an opportunity to "pay into a fund" to cover us all so that we can be sure to keep all our beauties running. I am very optimistic!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Price is pretty accurate. I however will be selling some cars soon and all of my cars for sale will have rebuilt/reworked RDMs and motors with a warranty. I will also be offering Factory Certified Preowned program vehicles with all updated components and a 2 yr unlimited mile bumper to bumper factory warranty. Stay tuned....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts