Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cooling fans are no longer working, and a/c is only blowing cold on the highway at night. Has anyone else had this problem? The car was sitting for a month (with trickle charger) before this happened. There are also strange sounds coming out of the engine compartment when the car is off. Any Ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
My cooling fans are no longer working, and a/c is only blowing cold on the highway at night. Has anyone else had this problem? The car was sitting for a month (with trickle charger) before this happened. There are also strange sounds coming out of the engine compartment when the car is off. Any Ideas?
Pm sent yes this is a problem I've dealt with .I have parts in stock new fans

·
Registered
28 Posts
Same

I have same problem my AC only work on when I driving in higher speed if in low speed AC stop no cold air . I can tell under the bumper center fan is bad i turn AC on this fan still not runing only way to make it run is in driving high speed when I stop car or hit break the fan stop too. And some time I can hear the center fan make a very loud sound and shake on the fan when I drive on low speed

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All Fixed by Fisker Miami (Harleyguy)

Called Harleyguy at 8:00, I arrived at 9:30 and was out by 11:00. My cooling fan was replaced, car was inspected, battery checked. And a very special "Fisker Buzz" discount.

Thank you Harleyguy for the AMAZING SERVICE!!!

My next step will be to send the invoice to Fisker, Has anyone tried to do a warranty claim since our new BK paperwork arrived?

BTW, Joe Ni.. you need to fix your fan ASAP, otherwise you will overhead your engine (ICE) if and when it turns on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Is my problem same like Steven ? Does my car still able to drive?
If you drive the car and the engine is running you have a good chance of over heating the motor. In stealth mode it won't overheat either way you need to replace the fan . Where are you located ?

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Called Harleyguy at 8:00, I arrived at 9:30 and was out by 11:00. My cooling fan was replaced, car was inspected, battery checked. And a very special "Fisker Buzz" discount.

Thank you Harleyguy for the AMAZING SERVICE!!!

My next step will be to send the invoice to Fisker, Has anyone tried to do a warranty claim since our new BK paperwork arrived?

BTW, Joe Ni.. you need to fix your fan ASAP, otherwise you will overhead your engine (ICE) if and when it turns on.
Glad I was able to help you out Steven stop by anytime .

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you drive the car and the engine is running you have a good chance of over heating the motor. In stealth mode it won't overheat either way you need to replace the fan . Where are you located ?
I'm in Tulsa .oklahoma . But when I drive in high speed the fan will run AC will work is that means can cool the engine ? How many fan is in the karma ? Is cooling fan cool the engine and make the AC work are the same one?before Ac get bad normally every time I drive for while and stop get out the car I can hear a fan run sound on the front driver side tire.now I don't hear the fan runing anymore even AC work while i drive and stop to check the fan sound is not run I'm worry about that too .after the AC get bad it seem come up lot problem lot time i start the car i can hear a click sound and fan and stop run and stop .every time turn off car and turn back on the fan run and have cold air but just keep for few second and fan stop with no cold air .to make AC run only way is start the engine go quickly move and keep speed up in high speed . If I start car not move after while even I go high speed the AC and fan not going run .i have to restart car and go quickly .and lot time in low speed come up buzzing sound and grinding like the fan was touch something i think that's all the problem I see for now .

·
Registered
28 Posts
To let the buzzing sound and shaking go away I have to stop the car turn off and restart the car it maybe go way if not i have to repeat the step off on off on.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Joe Ni,
If you go into sport mode, leave the A/C on and shut off your car... and you do not hear a fan going for a few minutes... I am pretty sure you are risking damage to the car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Joe Ni,
If you go into sport mode, leave the A/C on and shut off your car... and you do not hear a fan going for a few minutes... I am pretty sure you are risking damage to the car.
I don't think the fan run last week i drive on sport mode for half hour I don't hear the fan run when i go out the car Only thing I hear is passenger side the bumper hole has fan sound but I have to get very close so able to hear .i don't hear a sound from the driver side front tire like normally do.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Without going into a whole long post the reason the AC is cold well sort of on the highway is the air moving over the AC condenser. If you used to hear the fan and no longer hear the fan its not working .The low temp fan is on the passenger side if you look into the diamond shape on the front bumper you can see then radiator that is only for the Hybrid system has nothing to do with engine or AC . The engine cooling fan is located in the front middle of the car .If you open the hood just below the engine air filter box you almost see it .

If you don't have a Fisker dealership to service the car I can get you the cooling fan .You will need to find a shop willing to install it .You need a lift to replace it I remove it out the bottom of the car.
Ive heard of guys being able to remove it from the top but the amount of parts you need to remove it alot including the front bumper

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I see Steven made it by to see the new Miami Fisker in Davie Fl. Nice shop there and as always Harleyguy rocks.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Remember: Under the new warranty the work has to be done between September 2014 and January 2015. Don't submit the claim now (with a receipt dated in July).

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Remember: Under the new warranty the work has to be done between September 2014 and January 2015. Don't submit the claim now (with a receipt dated in July).
non sequitur, thank you for the heads-up. Unfortunately I have already contacted them from their website for advice. Also I can't change the receipt. Looks like I'm out $2K for a litttle fan problem. But I'm staying positive on this. I wasn't going to wait until September to drive my car.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
non sequitur, thank you for the heads-up. Unfortunately I have already contacted them from their website for advice. Also I can't change the receipt. Looks like I'm out $2K for a litttle fan problem. But I'm staying positive on this. I wasn't going to wait until September to drive my car.
I've been contacted by Fisker for a copy of the bill I will take care of that tomorrow .

·
Registered
261 Posts
Interesting, I had to replace cooling fan in April, through PB Motors. Also out $2000.00 so far. Will contact Fisker when dust settles.

·
Registered
102 Posts
What is so special about these cooling fans that cost 2K?
Every car on the planet is now running on electric fans ?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts