Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My air conditioning gets warm when idling at a light and will not get cool after driving fast again without turning the car off and on. Not fun in 90 degree Florida. Fisker of Tampa determined it's my Cooling Fan Assembly. They said it may be a gm part but have no way to cross reference it. Anyone have any leads on finding one or is fixing it maybe an option? My exhaust system also broke in several places. Apparently I have the older system. They were able to weld it back together for $550 since the parts were not available to replace it. So that is an option for those of you out there with the same problem. Please email me at [email protected] if you have any leads on the fan.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know this is an old post but I also live in Florida and I have a problem where the AC does not cool when stopped - doesn't matter whether Stealth or Sport. As soon as I start moving it gets ice cold. When parked, I can hear the ac compressor click on and run for 2 seconds or so then click off, 15 seconds later it repeats. And, no, it is not low on refrigerant at all. Do you all think I have a cooling fan issue and if so how does the compressor know this and only when stopped? Is there a way to test the fan? Any other thoughts? Thanks all!

·
Pats Garage Fisker
25 Posts
Ya sounds like a cooling fan. Simple way to test is to open the hood, start the car and turn on the ac, If you hear the fan spinning then its not the issue, make sure you are looking at the main cooling fan at the front of the car, most likely its out. Fairly common issue. Its GM 19130227 part. but the hard part is the installation.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks NazcO. This could definitely be a problem. I did what you indicated - car "started", in Park with AC on. Could hear compressor run for a couple seconds but no fan. I don't think. I assume it is the fan right behind the radiator - I could reach it from the passenger side and stick my fingers behind it and did not feel any air. I am still not understanding how this could cause the compressor to cycle - yes I get that it would do that on high pressure but even when I start the car when it is cold the compressor does the same thing. In this case there would be no chance the condenser would get that hot and too high a pressure. Is there some other interlock that causes this? I'm not averse to replacing the fan if it is bad but would like to ensure it will also fix this issue. Any other thoughts everyone? Also, does anyone have an R&R procedure on the fan?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cooling fan issue

This sounds exactly what has happened with both my Karmas. Good thing is you can buy this fan online or at a GM dealer for probably 1/2 of what Fisker charges. I had my local mechanic do the swap for me. It wasn't simple though he said. They did the r & r from underneath.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just called him and he said no problem. He actually just did another one too so he's pretty versed on it. Jason from RollnGo, 5247 Park Blvd, Pinellas Park, FL 33781. 727-498-6517

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am having issues with my cooling fan making noise as well so I left a VM last week with Jason from RollnGo. I have not heard back but will try again. Just wanted to keep others updated incase they are having the same issue.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I am having issues with my cooling fan making noise as well so I left a VM last week with Jason from RollnGo. I have not heard back but will try again. Just wanted to keep others updated incase they are having the same issue.
Hello,

My cooling fan is vibrating a lot since a couple of weeks. Because I live in Europe, does anyone know if there is an Opel / Vauxhall alternative for the GM 19130227 fan?

@Harleyguy: Are you willing to share the 10 minutes replacement approuch?

Thanks in advance,

Bart

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Hello,

My cooling fan is vibrating a lot since a couple of weeks. Because I live in Europe, does anyone know if there is an Opel / Vauxhall alternative for the GM 19130227 fan?

Thanks in advance,

Bart
You need to use the posted fan that fan is made to work with the Karma. It’s takes a little longer than 10 mins but in the shop we remove the fan from the bottom but you need a car lift. The crossmemeber that holds the low temp cooling fans gets removed ,Disconnect the sway bar from the chassis you only need to swing it down doesn’t need to be removed. Also at the top remove two bolts one on each side.

If you don’t have a lift the fan can be removed from the top but you need to removed everything blocking the fan from coming out .

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hello,

My cooling fan is vibrating a lot since a couple of weeks. Because I live in Europe, does anyone know if there is an Opel / Vauxhall alternative for the GM 19130227 fan? Does it matter?

Thanks in advance,

Bart
You need to use the posted fan that fan is made to work with the Karma. It’s takes a little longer than 10 mins but in the shop we remove the fan from the bottom but you need a car lift. The crossmemeber that holds the low temp cooling fans gets removed ,Disconnect the sway bar from the chassis you only need to swing it down doesn’t need to be removed. Also at the top remove two bolts one on each side.

If you don’t have a lift the fan can be removed from the top but you need to removed everything blocking the fan from coming out .
Thanks a lot for the explanation. The lift is no problem. With the ‘posted fan’ do you mean the Fisker partnumber or the GM partnumber?

·
Registered
174 Posts

I did some searching on several websites and found this cooling fan.

The partnumber is 14-301054. It has 8 blades like the original.

The GM alternative has 7 blades. I think I found an Opel alternative with partnumbers:
3G481205

It is used in an Opel GT which is build from 2007 and probably has the same ecotec motor with turbo: 1.998cc, 194kW.

Can someone validate this?

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts

The GM alternative has 7 blades. I think I found an Opel alternative with partnumbers:
3G481205

It is used in an Opel GT which is build from 2007 and probably has the same ecotec motor with turbo: 1.998cc, 194kW.

Do not use any other make or brand cooling fan than listed . No other fan will work correctly.

·
Registered
174 Posts

3G481205

Do not use any other make or brand cooling fan than listed . No other fan will work correctly.
Yes, I ordered the Fisker OEM fan posted in the hyperlink.

·
Premium Member
2012 Fisker Karma EcoChic Hybrid Silver Wind Exterior on Glacier Tri-Tone Interior
6 Posts
Yes, I ordered the Fisker OEM fan posted in the hyperlink.
Thanks "Harleyguy" for the Fan Part Number information and Installation tips. Just changed in the driveway with no issues using your installation steps. Works like a champ and newly acquired Fisker ready for the road. I did not get close to your 10 minute RxR I read in another post but 2.5 hours is not too bad lying on my back. Great member support

1 - 18 of 18 Posts