Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a fun video that was made by a company in the Baltimore area that did a vehicle wrap on a Fisker Karma...

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'd love to try a wrap or dip, but i feel my paint is too shredded at this point to survive removal. I'm trying to live with the chips as a badge of survival. 20k miles through PA winters and infinite construction...

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I'm growing tired of black. Does anyone know what it costs to do a color change with a wrap? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm growing tired of black. Does anyone know what it costs to do a color change with a wrap? Any help would be appreciated.
I think if I had black, I'd also wrap it. I collected info on this after seeing how cool wraps could look at http://www.carscoops.com/2012/10/fisker-gets-colorful-for-its-first.html

I collected some local names, but since my wife is the primary driver, she won't let me and the kids make it cool like that for a few years yet (by which time I told the kids THEY could maybe do it as a summer project). But here are the names I collected, and I hope you post what they'd charge if you follow up with any of them:

3M film and wraps:
http://carwrapsolutions.com/
[email protected]
4153 sw 47th ave, suite 115, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314
Robert Cup

Auto Supershield [pretty sure Harleyguy gave me this name]
Pepi Feliu
(561) 367-0101
[email protected]
4701 North Dixie Hwy. View Map
Boca Raton, FL 33431
http://www.autosupershield.com

Classic Touch Re-Con
5701 S.W. 16th St. View Map
Plantation, FL 33317
(954) 254-5955

EDIT: I see that Harleyguy read the earlier post and recommended the middle one from my list, which was my recollection. I remember I spoke with them and was very impressed - they seemed the most professional and experienced, but I ended up just doing xpel with a local guy, and deferred the wrap.

·
Premium Member
2012 Fisker Karma #1030
376 Posts
Very interesting - think of all the polishing and waxing that would save. Any idea how long it lasts and how much it would cost to wrap a Karma?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Very interesting - think of all the polishing and waxing that would save. Any idea how long it lasts and how much it would cost to wrap a Karma?
$1800-2300 from a skilled wrapper
in a sunny area like AZ FL wrap willl be solid for 3-4 years
will last a bit longer in other areas

matte WHITE look great but get very dirty easily and hard to take care of for daily driving.

wraps are great when done correctly!

·
Registered
320 Posts
A Karma wrap would be around $3500 - $4000 in the Bay Area, my guess. The good shops are worth the extra $1000 or so because they remove all trim, etc to wrap underneath for no seams and edges. Expect it to be good for 4-5 years.

I've had two cars wrapped, and I have been extremely happy with them. I had my Porsche Cayman S wrapped in Avery Green Grass (gloss) and my daughter's Mini Cooper done in gloss pink. Most people cannot discern it is vinyl (even the Porsche dealer thought I had a paint-to-sample car).

The shop that has done the work on my cars is "Vinyl Styles" in San Carlos, and I highly recommend them.

My daughter's vinyl was put on 3.5 years ago and it still looked new when we had it removed a week ago. The paint underneath is still like factory new, so I'm a big fan of the wrap: it saves the paint underneath and allows you to change your car color more readily than with paint. Take a look at that red paint after 3 1/2 years of being driven by a teenage girl! Spotless!

My cayman S started out as an all black car but was too boring for me and my wife couldn't spot me on track!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts