Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My car doesn't charge anymore. It started with a Check Engine Light when the battery was full. After driving I plugged the car in and the normal clicking happened and it seems charging. After around 30 seconds again clicking and stops charging. A hard reset did not solve the problem.

Two codes are being generated:

P0AC4
P0A7B

The two contactors were bad and are changed now but the car still doesn't start charging. It seems that the on-board battery charger (C131119301000) broke down at the same time. Is this coincidence? Any thoughts about this?

Thanks in advance.

Bart

·
Premium Member
3,057 Posts
Hello,

My car doesn't charge anymore. It started with a Check Engine Light when the battery was full. After driving I plugged the car in and the normal clicking happened and it seems charging. After around 30 seconds again clicking and stops charging. A hard reset did not solve the problem.

P0AC4
P0A7B

The two contactors were bad and are changed now but the car still doesn't start charging. It seems that the on-board battery charger (C131119301000) broke down at the same time. Is this coincidence? Any thoughts about this?

Thanks in advance.

Bart
More than likely the OBCM was the problem not the contactors but without the contactors in hand to test you couldn't confirm that

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,

P0AC4
P0A7B

Thanks in advance.

Bart
More than likely the OBCM was the problem not the contactors but without the contactors in hand to test you couldn't confirm that
Thanks Harleyguy!

Can the OBCM be repaired? Only few occasion ones are available. I am told KA doesn’t have any new spare ones left...

·
Registered
878 Posts
My Karma doesn't charge from 240V for 2 weeks now. Changed cables and also went to a public charging station.
My OBCM was changed (new from Joe) 3 month ago...
I'm connecting the car and it clicks, the power plug icon lights up in the car, but it never charges for real...

It still takes charges from TOM in EV and ER mode. (does this pass the OBCM?)

Any Idea, where to look?

Is there a sound file available what kind of clicking we have to expect?

Thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Karma doesn't charge from 240V for 2 weeks now. Changed cables and also went to a public charging station.
My OBCM was changed (new from Joe) 3 month ago...
I'm connecting the car and it clicks, the power plug icon lights up in the car, but it never charges for real...

It still takes charges from TOM in EV and ER mode. (does this pass the OBCM?)

Any Idea, where to look?

Is there a sound file available what kind of clicking we have to expect?

Thanks
Maybe the contactors are the problem now, or were they changed also at the time of the OBCM replacement?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello,

Yesterday I charged my car in the morning arriving at work. Later that day I drove the car in 34 degrees Celsius with Air Conditioning at maximum some 20 kms the car and put the car at a charger again, but coming back some hours later it hasn't charged. Repeating this some hours later the same thing. After 20 seconds it stops charging.

Two codes:
U07B code
U019B code

Arriving at home around mid-night the car charged at my home charger adapter at 6 amperes. No problem anymore. This morning it was 100% charged.

I was affraid the OBCM would be defect again, but it seems not the case. Is it possible the very high temperature prevents the car from charging to prevent battery damage for example? Also the ventilation from the solar power / 12V battery while being parked seems not to be active (anymore?). Is this because of the very high temperature so the ventilation doesn't aid in this very high temperature situation anymore?

Can anyone explain the above situation? I am puzzled a bit....

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,057 Posts
Hello,

Yesterday I charged my car in the morning arriving at work. Later that day I drove the car in 34 degrees Celsius with Air Conditioning at maximum some 20 kms the car and put the car at a charger again, but coming back some hours later it hasn't charged. Repeating this some hours later the same thing. After 20 seconds it stops charging.

Two codes:
U07B code
U019B code

Arriving at home around mid-night the car charged at my home charger adapter at 6 amperes. No problem anymore. This morning it was 100% charged.

I was affraid the OBCM would be defect again, but it seems not the case. Is it possible the very high temperature prevents the car from charging to prevent battery damage for example? Also the ventilation from the solar power / 12V battery while being parked seems not to be active (anymore?). Is this because of the very high temperature so the ventilation doesn't aid in this very high temperature situation anymore?

Can anyone explain the above situation? I am puzzled a bit....

Thanks!
As far as the charging issue check that all three coolant tanks are full .

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, all three are within range. Can it have something to do with the changed OBCM? This came from a Fisker that caught fire at the front of the car. Does the OBCM need a firmware upgrade or something?

Two codes regularly come back:
P0A7B
U019B

The internal ventilation when parked works, so maybe this had something to do with de temperature difference outside and inside after been parked for some 8 hours which became zero, so the ventilation doesn't aid anymore and stops?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Today for the fourth time in almost a year after changing the contactor and the OBCM the car won't charge and than standard gives the codes U07B & U019B.

After plugging in the car clicks, starts charging, some pump or fan starts, after some seconds after that the car clicks again and stops charging. Until now after a day or so later it charges again normal. (Fingers crossed it will do that tomorrow.)

Anyone an idea what the reason for this is? It is not because of hot weather because now it's cold outside...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts