Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
From the day this car came out I have absolutely been In love with it. Styling, performance, and especially electric Drive makes this car number one on my list. (I still might consider a Tesla model s, but they just aren't as cool). The karma can now be had for about $50,000, and I want one.

I basically just want to know if parts and service will be available for the next five years or so. I do not mind when cars break down, all I care about is the fact that they can indeed be fixed.

I live in San Diego,ca.

Any warnings? Praise? Preferred vendors?

Any help/info is much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Five years wow that's a long way away I deal with this car on a daily base and hope we make it though a week . Best way to know if your buying a good Karma is knowing the cars history and what has been to the car . As far as price I've seen them low or high it depends how desperate the person is to sell it . Service in your area Lomax does mobile repairs . For technical support you can contact HSS . That's a private company run by Ex Fisker employes

·
Registered
479 Posts
According to Lormax, something like 2-300 Karmas were sold to customers in SoCal...and Lormax is "local" to us so it is not too difficult to get him scheduled for any service request you have.

Sure, there are some big ticket items (HV battery, rear drive module, coupler) that could go wrong but if you choose the car carefully - you should be able to avoid a big dent to your wallet. Generally speaking, the higher the VIN, the fewer the problems. Start there.

If you find some that catch your fancy - post the VINs here and a few guys on the board will be able to tell you what sort of repairs and such have been done.

If you see a Laguna Karma around town...it's probably me. :)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I'm in Orange County and have a number of San Diego clients. I'm completely mobile and come to you at your home or office, so getting service isn't an issue. I've started a business around this, so who knows what could happen in 5 years.

I know of a few different sellers here in the So Cal area, including private party and some dealers. I'll shoot you a PM with my contact info and we'll go from there.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I've owned my Karma for about 11 months now. It is more fun to drive than any other car I've ever owned. And I can't stop looking at it because it is so beautiful.

As for parts being available, I'd say no one really knows. There are parts that are specific to this car (such as the windows and windshield). And I'm guessing those sort of parts would be difficult to come by in the event you needed a replacement. Other parts are just straight out of the GM parts bin, so you'd have a pretty easy time getting ahold of those.

We Karma owners are pioneers of a sort. We've purchased a first generation car. We have little to no idea what the future will bring for us and our Karmas. But if you read this forum, you'll find that most of us are true fans of the car.

Regarding service, I can vouch for Lormax. He's worked on my Karma several times now. He is legit. He knows his stuff. He has connections for parts. He is honest. His prices are fair. And he is easy to get ahold of if you need him. If you are a Karma owner in SoCal, he's a fantastic resource!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome! Thanks gentlemen. This is the exact information I was looking for… I will definitely start the search for a Karma now.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Frank Kent Motor Co. of Ft. Worth, TX just received 10 Karmas' which are now for sale. He also honors warranties as long as he can find parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts