Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

I have wanted to buy a Fisker Karma for quite some time and have finally decide to purchase a used Collector Edition out of Anaheim,CA with a little less than 11,000 miles. It has been serviced 7 times at Marin Luxury Cars, and as far as I have been informed, it has had all of the "software updates" and is in perfect running condition. I plan on taking delivery on 9/2/13 (sorry for the short notice) and would GREATLY appreciate any advice and or warnings you may offer.

VIN.........YH4K10BA6CA000097

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Hello All!

I have wanted to buy a Fisker Karma for quite some time and have finally decide to purchase a used Collector Edition out of Anaheim,CA with a little less than 11,000 miles. It has been serviced 7 times at Marin Luxury Cars, and as far as I have been informed, it has had all of the "software updates" and is in perfect running condition. I plan on taking delivery on 9/2/13 (sorry for the short notice) and would GREATLY appreciate any advice and or warnings you may offer.

VIN.........YH4K10BA6CA000097

Thanks in advance!
Looks like the car is up to date with all services fixes done.Also looks like the car may have a new high voltage battery and a new RDM (Rear End ) the muffler you would need to look under the car to confirm that .Only thing i didnt see if they performed the 5K service

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grateful and relieved

Looks like the car is up to date with all services fixes done.Also looks like the car may have a new high voltage battery and a new RDM (Rear End ) the muffler you would need to look under the car to confirm that .Only thing i didnt see if they performed the 5K service
Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. I cant tell you how relieved I am to read this and (esp) coming from a third, non vested party.

·
Registered
996 Posts
This is another Lemon Buyback

Battery has been replaced, Traction Motors have been replaced. Looks like the car also has had some coupler work. If I may ask what is this car going for?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Puchase price

This is another Lemon Buyback

Battery has been replaced, Traction Motors have been replaced. Looks like the car also has had some coupler work. If I may ask what is this car going for?
I paid $47,800. The seller has 5 or 6 more?? Ranging from $47-50k in primarily darker colors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Car dealer

is this Anaheim Mitsubishi?
Not actually but you are close. The seller is an independent dealer (Anaheim Pre Owned Cars) out of Orange, CA but he has an arrangement with Anaheim Mitsu....either consignment or some type of dealer to dealer floor plan loan system....I am not positive ( I think he used to manage the store for many years???).The guy seems like a straight shooter. Everything he has told me has been 100% true and I really liked him from our many conversations. You can reach him at 714-400-5274 (Sean).

·
Registered
996 Posts
by any chance do you have any pictures of this car? If this is the car I am thinking it is; it was used as an engineering car (after it was bought back) but I am assuming FA must have pulled all that stuff out prior to sale. Pics would help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pics

by any chance do you have any pictures of this car? If this is the car I am thinking it is; it was used as an engineering car (after it was bought back) but I am assuming FA must have pulled all that stuff out prior to sale. Pics would help.

photo333.JPG [/ATTACH]

Sorry not sure if I did this correctly. Here are two pics.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I've done a thorough hands-on pre-purchase inspection on this very car for someone else. It has the original battery in it. Updated RDM and traction motors. Updated exhaust. Updated software. Updated HVAC Module. Interior is pretty clean, some minor scuff marks on the driver and passenger seats from people getting in and out of it. Tires were only about half dead from what I could tell. Could use a couple other very minor fixes, but nothing that's a deal breaker.

I've worked with Sean a number of times now. If anyone else would like an inspection on one of his cars, just let me know. I'm very local to his office.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I didn't realize at first this was one of the cars I inspected. Look at my post above from Aug 31st. It still holds true. I have no idea what the new owner has done to it though, if anything.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts