Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to replace a (hopefully) dead VCM in my Karma, and the connectors aren't coming off easily. Anyone have a picture of how the connectors look that plug in to the VCM? Are they locked in place with a tab that i need to be pressing? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
They are difficult to get out to say the least. And you need to be careful not to switch the gray and black ones in the front they will go in either spot and will short some circuits.
Send me an email I will send you some photos

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did you get my message with my email? I haven't seen anything yet. I guess the main question i have is are there locks that i have to open up to release the cables, or do i just have to pull hard?

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
did you get my message with my email? I haven't seen anything yet. I guess the main question i have is are there locks that i have to open up to release the cables, or do i just have to pull hard?
Locks that need to be open and write down the position of them

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks both of you for all your help over the past year. Finally got to spend some time today replacing the VCM with a new one. A few scratches on my hand and a sore neck and shoulder, the Karma lives again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
They are difficult to get out to say the least. And you need to be careful not to switch the gray and black ones in the front they will go in either spot and will short some circuits.
Send me an email I will send you some photos
can you send me photos too? my email is: [email protected] -
I think I need help with my car - battery was dead and when I replaced it my instrument cluster and the gears PRND are not coming to live. Seems that I need the VCM flash. Who can help me with this and how?
Thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts