Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Recently my command center stopped retaining many of the settings stored in memory. Every time I start the car, all radio stations are like when the car was originally purchased (all set to the same station), When I go in reverse the screen no longer goes into backup camera mode, Time Zone setting always start in San Francisco, (I am in Chicago)., etc. I can change all these setting and they are retained only till I shut off the car.

So far I have done a hard boot, with no effect, and I tried the reset to factory settings on the command center, did not help.

Any suggestions?

I am the original owner, about 27K miles on the car.
Norman

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've seen this asked before, and the answer always has been that you'll need to reprogram the CIU. Which a few dealers can, but you cannot do it yourself. I believe Joe Ferrante has a device he sends around for people to try it themselves but you better check directly. I could be wrong and that it is someone else but can't hurt to ask Joe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All,

Recently my command center stopped retaining many of the settings stored in memory. Every time I start the car, all radio stations are like when the car was originally purchased (all set to the same station), When I go in reverse the screen no longer goes into backup camera mode, Time Zone setting always start in San Francisco, (I am in Chicago)., etc. I can change all these setting and they are retained only till I shut off the car.

So far I have done a hard boot, with no effect, and I tried the reset to factory settings on the command center, did not help.

Any suggestions?

Norman
I actually have the same problem. Won't hold any radio presets. I spoke with James Roush in Tuscon, AZ and he said he could reflash the CIU for me if I wanted to remove it and send it to him. I believe he said it would cost about $500 but if it needed a new CIU that would be $2,500. I'm just dealing with it for the moment by manually dialing in the Sirius station I want each time. Pain in the ass but still do-able. Best, Dain

Jim Roush, Pres.
Roush Restorations, LLC
Email: [email protected]
Cell: 309-369-8241

·
GoKarma
18 Posts
Hi All,

Any suggestions?

Norman
Hello. The problem you have is common. I used to own a Fisker Karma that had the same issue. Fisker-Philly sent me a device to re-flash ICU. Send him a message, pay to have the device/software in a flash drive send to you. You will need to ship the device/flash-drive back to him. He will also send you the instructions on how to use the device/flash-drive. It's very easy. You plug it into the OBD2 port of your Karma, and plug the flash-drive to the USB port in your center console. The device will start the re-flash of the ICU. I believe it takes just about an hour or so.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm having the same issue, but my stereo also sounds louzy, I have no backup camera or navigation and not just the stereo settings, but all setting get messed up. The only information that is holding, is the easy entry seat position, but that data is stored in the wireless key module, if memory serves. The Montreal dealer reflashed it and it only lasted during their tests. As soon as I got in, I had no backup camera or NAV.

I'm also in need of new brake rotors and pads all around. Any good sources for these? I've changed them in my Mercedes, so I should be able to do these myself. The many YouTube videos of Brembo replacements, look fairly straightforward.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm having the same issue, but my stereo also sounds louzy, I have no backup camera or navigation and not just the stereo settings, but all setting get messed up. The only information that is holding, is the easy entry seat position, but that data is stored in the wireless key module, if memory serves. The Montreal dealer reflashed it and it only lasted during their tests. As soon as I got in, I had no backup camera or NAV.

I'm also in need of new brake rotors and pads all around. Any good sources for these? I've changed them in my Mercedes, so I should be able to do these myself. The many YouTube videos of Brembo replacements, look fairly straightforward.
For me the re-flash of the CIU fixed the missing backup camera and brought back the navigation in addition to now retaining all the CIU settings again for example time zone, radio stations etc. I have driven it a few days since the re-flash and so far so good. I would doubt if the re-flash would change the stereo sound.

Sorry, I have no idea regarding brake rotors or pads.

·
Super Moderator
39 Posts
I would doubt if the re-flash would change the stereo sound.
In addition to the nav/preset/cam/clock issues, a CIU reset has fixed the equalizer/trashy sound for me on two Karma's.

<regards to @Harleyguy and his Prodis/scripts>

I still haven't determined a root cause as to how the CIU's crash into this condition.... (if anyone has any theories?)

However, I've been following a 'safe'r startup' procedure since and the issue has not re-occurred (could just be luck).

• 'Start' w/ACC (no brake)
  • ...wait for center console startup... then 'Agree'
  • 'Start' w/brake

·
Super Moderator
39 Posts
I'm also in need of new brake rotors and pads all around.
Out of curiosity, can you share your mileage/km?

"Brake pads on a Tesla literally never need to be replaced for lifetime of the car.” - Ewok Musk

"I have 10x more brake grimes on my Tesla rims vs. my Fisker." - aaron0k

1 - 10 of 10 Posts