Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought that I had made a thread on this last year, but couldn't find it. My black Karma has a bit of road rash around the tires (from the previous owner), and I'm trying to hide that.

I've used Turtle Wax Color Magic in the past (maybe 15 or 20 years ago), and while I remember it working well, I remember it fading pretty quickly. That would have been a red car, though, not black.

So now I'm considering these 4 options:

Turtle Wax Color Magic

Meguiar's Black Wax Paste
http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G6207-Black-Wax-Paste/dp/B009OBW29S/ref=pd_sim_263_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1SHAQQR9R6XCREXZJ1PT&dpID=41T2lfGggIL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL320_SR190%2C320_

Any comments on these options? I want something that covers up the road rash well, and hopefully lasts through at least a few washings.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was of the impression that it couldn't easily be matched because of the layers?

Besides, with the road rash I'm looking at several thousand little white dots to fill in. That's a lot of room for error.

Unless you want to add it to my bill when I bring it in for you to fix that # 5 contact? ;-)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On second thought, if I do order the touch up pen, do I also need to buy the high gloss clearcoat?

I'm assuming that I would just touch with a pen, then buff it with super fine sandpaper, then touch with clearcoat, then compound and wax. Or can I skip the fine sandpaper and clearcoat option on roadrash and just use compound to make it all level out?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts