Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend or even know of any dealerships who may still do collision repair on our Karma? Someone backed out of a parking space into the right front of our Karma as my wife was driving through a parking lot. Yes,I can hear you all gasping! Damage seems mostly cosmetic for now but havent had the car on a lift yet. We are in central MD. Baltimore/DC area isnt far. Thanks!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Last week a fist-sized rock came hurtling at me from the incoming lanes and smashed into the front of the Karma. At first I thought it had taken out the entire grille because of the horrendous thud and explosion sound that it made. Luckily, the explosion was just the rock breaking up on impact, but it put a hole right thru the bottom of the from fascia.

On Monday I'm taking my car to a local repair place to have the hole patched and the entire piece repainted. I'm just praying that they'll get a good match. Gonna cost me around $2k to fix it.

-Brian

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brian...does that include the 3M clear bra? Smooth operator do you know the paint code for Inferno Red? Our initial estimate is almost $5000 without knowing if there is any underlying suspension issues or anything like that. Definitely need a new rim.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Brian...does that include the 3M clear bra? Smooth operator do you know the paint code for Inferno Red? Our initial estimate is almost $5000 without knowing if there is any underlying suspension issues or anything like that. Definitely need a new rim.
I never had the clear bra on mine. Not sure it would have helped stop this projectile. It was *huge*.

-B

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Last week a fist-sized rock came hurtling at me from the incoming lanes and smashed into the front of the Karma.
This makes me wince. Sorry to hear it. With all of the road construction and trucks running around my neck of the woods lately I'm in perpetual fear of the same thing happening to me.

Brent

·
Registered
781 Posts
The funny thing is that about 2 years ago I was on the highway in San Antonio in my Aston Martin when suddenly a giant tire come flying at me from a few lanes over. It smashed into the front of the car and took out part of the mesh grille and one of the parking sensors. I was convinced it was going to cost a fortune to fix, but it was the cheapest Aston Martin repair ever: $140. They were able to fix the grille pretty easily, and the parking sensor wasn't very expensive. I got off easy. This stupid rock hole in the Karma, however, is going to be pricey.

-Brian

·
Registered
11 Posts
Last week a fist-sized rock came hurtling at me from the incoming lanes and smashed into the front of the Karma. At first I thought it had taken out the entire grille because of the horrendous thud and explosion sound that it made. Luckily, the explosion was just the rock breaking up on impact, but it put a hole right thru the bottom of the from fascia.

On Monday I'm taking my car to a local repair place to have the hole patched and the entire piece repainted. I'm just praying that they'll get a good match. Gonna cost me around $2k to fix it.

-Brian
Good luck!

·
320 Posts
Last week a fist-sized rock came hurtling at me from the incoming lanes and smashed into the front of the Karma. At first I thought it had taken out the entire grille because of the horrendous thud and explosion sound that it made.
The Karma God striketh yet again. Payback for your maligned youtube video...

·
Registered
546 Posts
The Karma God striketh yet again. Payback for your maligned youtube video...
Brian...as much as I appreciated your honest critique on the Karma when I was in the process of deciding whether or not to purchase, I have to say...that last comment gave me a little giggle. I do hope the repair to the Karma is as painless to your pocketbook as possible though.

·
320 Posts
What maligned youtube video?

How easily it is forgotten...

P.S. if you're not the same Brian in the video, my apologies. If you are, then you had every opportunity as I stated in the past, to produce a less biased second review. Until then, your totally unprofessional video will continue to negatively affect Karma sales and the future of Fisker. I don't believe in ghosts, but do believe in karma. Negativity breeds negativity.

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
I think this is the same brian, but I can't help realize we need to move on. Give Brian a break! He did an honest evaluation of the karma issues - most owner , like myself, have come to terms with it - ie we knew it, Brian was bold enough to state it. In the end the current Karma owners should work together to get the new company owners to try to undo the screw ups and Brian video should be written testimonial evidence on what needs fixing both in current model and future models - so come on, bury the hatched and let's channel our issues to the new owners of Fisker in solidarity.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
@Ninja I agree.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
If anyone is interested in rehashing this topic of Brian's video reviews please do so in the thread from a year ago, or from threads the year before that.

From a moderator's perspective I'd like to remind everyone to keep the discussions civil and on topic. Personal attacks, troll bait and generally unconstructive behavior goes against the terms, conditions and rules of this forum and will not be permitted.

Thank you,

Brent

·
Registered
859 Posts
Back on topic: Does anyone have access to an OEM front fascia and left front lens? A BMW hit the left front of my car, taking a small piece out of the fascia and cracking the lens. The other insurance company has assumed liability.

I've been working with two body shops who repair high-end cars. Both prefer using a new fascia rather than a patch, but OEM parts are darn hard to get as we all know.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
If the fascia is repairable, do that. An OEM front fascia is unobtainium right now.

For the lens, do you mean the side marker or the headlight? Either way, I have both.

·
Registered
859 Posts
If the fascia is repairable, do that. An OEM front fascia is unobtainium right now.

For the lens, do you mean the side marker or the headlight? Either way, I have both.
Thanks Lormax! It's the LH Front Side Marker Assembly (C131172501100). (My VIN is 1292.) I just gave my shop your contact info. You should be hearing from Ray at L&M Body Shop this morning. In case you need it, their tel. # is 408-225-5053.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I did a nice job of scraping the underside of my front bumper. It's a area of about 2" X 5". Not really noticeable, but enough that it bothers me. I read in a old post that someone purchased a spray can of matching Karma paint. Does anyone know if this is available? The color of my Karma is "earth". Thanks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts