Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Fisker owners. I am experiencing an issue with my CIU unit and am looking for some help with troubleshooting my problem. Upon starting my car or accessing accessories mode, my CIU unit may or may not come on. Most of the time it does not come on, but after doing a hard reset I am able to get it to work for a few minutes before I hear a small pop, then the unit freezes, and the air begins to blow very hard out the defrost port near the window. I've read about other users with similar issues, but mine seems different in that I can get it work for short periods of time so I know the unit is not totally dead.

I think the system may not be getting enough voltage. I was able to use my multimeter to read that it was getting 10 volts through the plug in the back. I think it probably needs 12 volts, and I don't know why I am getting less. The unit itself is in perfect shape. It had no signs of water damage and all of the plugs look great. My 12 volt battery was replaced less than a year ago and still seems to be working fine. It shows about 12.68 volts when under no load and about 12.15 volts under full load with the car on. I've checked several fuses that could be related to the entertainment center and they all have been fine. I have not checked any of the relays because I have been unable to find any information on them and I don't want to pull the wrong one and risk complicating my issue further. When the CIU is responding normally, the air does not blow at all. It is only after it dies or fails to start up that the air comes on. I am really hoping you guys may have ideas for me. I am located far from any place that would service fiskers. If my issue it truely low voltage than buying a new ciu unit probably won't help me. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any signs of water/leak to or on your CIU?
Hi Aaron0k, thanks for the reply. No, there is no evidence of water damage at all. Since I created this post, i've not been able to get any voltage reading from the ciu now. I tried supplying my own 12 volt power to it to see if that would wake it up, but it did not do anything. I was able to determine that when powering it with an outside power source, it was only drawing a couple of watts. You would expect it to draw a lot more if it was truly coming on. I chatted with another user who has experience repairing these units and he thinks it my issue may be the vcm because that unit provides the wake up single to the ciu. I am now researching the vcm to see what can be done with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts