Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2012 Karma #687
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im going to my wrap guy on Saturday and am going to see if he can wrap my Styrofoam inserts with a chrome film? any input on how you guys think it will look??
Not set in stone its just a thought for now.
( the 2 Styrofoam pieces behind the grille im referring to )

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Have you considered the Carbon Fiber veneer discussed in this thread? I had these installed on my car and they look great. Also, because they are just veneers, they can go on without removing the Styrofoam from the car. I had mine installed by the dealer, but @marswill installed his set hmself. Just another option.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I think Fabulist's suggestion is a lot less obtrusive than going chrome.

I left mine as-is, though I did buy the carbon fiber vinyl (I just never got around to doing anything with it).

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
ya ive seen the carbon fiber, I feel like every1 has that, wanted to do something different.
OK. Please post some photos when you have the chrome treatment. I am very interested to see how it looks.

·
Registered
535 Posts
ya ive seen the carbon fiber, I feel like every1 has that, wanted to do something different.
The styrofoam looks bad, but chrome (to me) would just highlight how bad it is, not improve it. Then again, some people like to gold plate their teeth (coincidentally, I think this is called "grills"), so maybe that's what you have in mind. Either way, we demand pictures.

·
FiskerJoe
40 Posts
I'd really like to see how this turns out. Please do post some pictures!

Classic Cadillac here will paint inserts to match the car but, I too, have been thinking about what to do about the styrofoam.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Interesting idea but I also think that the chrome would bring attention where you may not want to focus it. The carbon fiber seems to blend better with the black fins. I have left mine as is but have thought about the carbon fiber. If you add the chrome, by all means post some pics. Would love to see what it will look like.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Fabulist, is that a front camera in your grill? or a radar jammer... Tell me more...
That's not my Karma, so it could be anything. Mine is black and it would be very hard to see the CF Veneer, so I used a photo from the CF thread showing a lighter-colored car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That styrofoam is horrendous; I had it all taken out. Looks way cooler behind there - if you bother to bend over and peak in you can see all kinds of aluminum bits and pieces.

Blah Blah Blah on the 'safety' issue of removing them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Would love to see that, do you have a picture you can share?

·
2012 Karma #687
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
getting it done on Thursday, not going to do regular chrome, am going to do Black chrome , also am deleting all the regular chrome on the car and having it all wrapped in black chrome. so lip around the grille which is chrome now will match the inserts being black chrome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
getting it done on Thursday, not going to do regular chrome, am going to do Black chrome , also am deleting all the regular chrome on the car and having it all wrapped in black chrome. so lip around the grille which is chrome now will match the inserts being black chrome.
well?????

1 - 16 of 16 Posts