Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have gotten the latest baseline upgrade this summer from karma themselves, after a while my check Engine lamp started to show, it then Went away and then came back two times.
After that i didnt drive the car for a couple of weeks. Then when started driving it didnt come back for atleast 1 month but now i got it back and i couldnt put the car to R or D. Tried wait a while but nothing.
I tried to charge the car but the charger would not go into charge until after a couple of times putting the charger in and out and after charging for a while the car managed to go into D and R and i drove the car the whole day (check Engine is still showing)
This morning I got the same thing and tried to charge 20 minutes and the car started again (still check Engine is showing).
I have had my karma since new for 4 years now and no problem with check Engine.
It is one of the latest cars produced with an VIN around 2200

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
You need to find out if they installed 535 after they installed 530 If the car is still on 530 you need to have the software checked again.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
If you are still running 530 it could be possible that the software caused your pack to be severely out of balance. 530 removed the pack balance algorithm and could cause huge deviations in cell voltages. 535 added the balancing algorithm back in. I know owners who have been forced to replace modules due to the imbalance issues caused by 530. Hopefully this is not the case with your vehicle. YMMV

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just upgraded to 535 and got a check engine this weekend. I just cleared the code and everything is fine now.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just upgraded to 535 and got a check engine this weekend. I just cleared the code and everything is fine now.

It was karma Automotive who installed the 535 on my car so hopefully they checked this. How do I do a reset? The hardware reset?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did the hard reset and let the Cable out for 10 minutes, still check Engine when it comes on. Should i let the Cable be out for a longer time?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the second time a did the hard reset it worked and no check Engine lamp.
I guess you cant se by yourself if you have the 535 correctly installed?

·
Registered
27 Posts
It was karma Automotive who installed the 535 on my car so hopefully they checked this. How do I do a reset? The hardware reset?
I had Fisker of Troy do the update, but simply cleared the OBDII code using a code reader tool.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
now i got error in high battery when started the car, could not engage R/D and it showed inndiagnostic. did an hardreset and now works.

4 years without errors but now after update i get this, what could it be?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Fisker Driver
79 Posts
Just got mine back with 535 update, passed inspection and got the warranty. CEL light came on as soon as I turned on the Ice(about 10 min in). Code is P1200. Karma auto is saying O2 sensor, exhaust leak or fuel inj circuit..... cleared codes and a hard reset got rid of it for about 15 mi, but it came back...I am also an orig owner and this is frustrating..... I tried to get to injectors to test but they're tucked away so deep I'd have to be miniaturized like the crew in Fantastic Voyage just to get to them. O2 sensor is not much easier... and of course no service within a few hundred miles.... any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Never seen an injector fault with the Karma the o2 sensor fault is a by product of a center muffler being cracked where the flange meets the cat . Need to put the car up in the air and inspect for any cracks or signs of black soot .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts