Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I just bought a Fisker karma and I need the 240v charging station for it? Any recommendations? Don't have too much to spend but I am a contractor so I can install it myself. Just looking for a good unit or the original one. Clipper creek has a lcs-20 that they say will charge the car in 4 hours for $379. Anyone using this one?

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Clipper Creek is the way to go . I install a longer cable on the charger and use a twist lock plug on the longer cable and install the 220 outlet next to the breaker box. Doing it this way I don't have to worry about the car being close enough to,the charger . Basically I make a extension cord for the charger and not hard wire it to the breaker box

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Yes we use clipper creek 220's in our shop. Like @Harleyguy I made up cords with twist locks and I have twist lock connections on each lift in the shop we can charge in and behind any bay. Sometimes 8 cars a night lol.

·
Registered
546 Posts
@Sako 22: Harleyguy is an awesome mechanic at a Fisker dealership in Florida. FiskerPhilly either owns a Fisker dealership or works at Fisker Cherry Hill (I've never been clear on that detail). They both recommend Clipper Creek 220's. You aren't going to get any better advice than theirs.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Just another option, I am very happy with my Chargepoint Home unit. They have a number of different options at different price points, and the one I bought (32A, 25' Cable, Wired-in) cost $750. One of the really nice features is that it connects to the Chargepoint network and you can control it with an app on your phone. It also has programmable start/stop time to take advantage of EV-friendly rates.

[/url]

Finally, IMHO, it is a beautifully designed unit, worthy of sitting next to your Karma.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
@Sako 22: Harleyguy is an awesome mechanic at a Fisker dealership in Florida. FiskerPhilly either owns a Fisker dealership or works at Fisker Cherry Hill (I've never been clear on that detail). They both recommend Clipper Creek 220's. You aren't going to get any better advice than theirs.
Owner-Fisker of Cherry Hill just to clear it up for you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts