Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi new Karma owner. Used my 110v charger for 2 weeks every night. I went away on a business trip for 10 days. The Karma was plugged in. When I returned I noticed the red light flashing on the charger and 2 green bars flashing. The car was fully charged. However since then it will not charge. I presume a new charger will resolve my issue. Question; will a Chevy Volt chargers suffice? Thank you all inadvance.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Try plugging the charger into anther outlet and yes I believe the Chevy Volt charger will work. Or head over to Clipper Creek.com and pickup a new charger .

·
Registered
334 Posts
Try plugging the charger into anther outlet and yes I believe the Chevy Volt charger will work. Or head over to Clipper Creek.com and pickup a new charger .
@JCMorrill borrowed my 110V portable Chevy Volt charger for a while to charge his Karma before he had his 240V charger installed at his house.

P.S. @Viper44 - I personally highly recommend a 240V charger for your Karma. It cuts the charging time down on an "empty" Karma HV battery from 12-15 hours on 110V to approximately 5.5 hours.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Yes. Any EV charger should work in a pinch (if it fits into the charging port, it should work), and the Volt charger Wattgas loaned me worked for me for 2 weeks of nearly daily driving.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have the fisker brand installed at my house.. but im looking on clipper creek to get an on the road one.. which model you guys recommend and average charging time on those..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts