Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Home Depot charger.
I had an electrician run the wiring.
I was happy.

I read FiskerBuzz about a free chargepoint Charger.
I was in one of the 10 cities!
I was sad.

I emailed chargepoint.
They approved.
They ordered.
It arrived.
They installed.
I paid ($350 for "installation" considering I had all there already.)
I returned the home depot charger.
I was happy again


 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
119 Posts
bigdaddyo811 said:
I bought a Home Depot charger.
I had an electrician run the wiring.
I was happy.

I read FiskerBuzz about a free chargepoint Charger.
I was in one of the 10 cities!
I was sad.

I emailed chargepoint.
They approved.
They ordered.
It arrived.
They installed.
I paid ($350 for "installation" considering I had all there already.)
I returned the home depot charger.
I was happy again


Nice. I live in la and emailed charge point and never heard back, do you have a contact? Thanks. R
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1. The Home Depot charger was the standard LeGrand. Not a bad unit, but free is better.

2. [email protected] . Chargepoint wasnt really that involved which is interesting consider they have the grant. I have been trying to get the thing provisioned on their network so I can get SMS and energy data but no one answers their support lines during business hours.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
119 Posts
bigdaddyo811 said:
1. The Home Depot charger was the standard LeGrand. Not a bad unit, but free is better.

2. [email protected] . Chargepoint wasnt really that involved which is interesting consider they have the grant. I have been trying to get the thing provisioned on their network so I can get SMS and energy data but no one answers their support lines during business hours.
Thanks. Appreciated. Good luck!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,662 Posts
cwsnhri said:
Who knows how I contact "Chargepoint Charge" for a "free station?
See the post immediately before yours above. You can also refer to this thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You need to apply online for the charger and wait. I would email that lady unless you have done all that or they will just stop replying to everyone. Use it as a resource if you havent heard after 2 weeks.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
353 Posts
My ChargePoint Charger was installed today and is currently charging my Karma at a 3.58kW rate. The only cost to me is the building permit.:D They put in a Coulomb Technologies Model CT500-GPRS1 Charger and a 220V/40A electrical service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had a glitch yesterday. I plugged the car in last night and came back this evening (24 hours later) and the charger was still buzzing away. I guess the car never signaled to turn off the charger. The iphone app shows 37kw used. Did I fry my battery?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
230 Posts
WOJO said:
How much was the Home Depot charger? Was it for 220V?
I have the Home Depot Legrand 220v charger and I really like the curly orange cord. No problems charging. It was $750. My garage was prewired so install was $75.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
286 Posts
I noticed that my local WholeFoods has CharPoint stations on their lot.

My Q is:
Do I need to wait until my car goes to sleep (about 2min) before I can start charging my Karma? I do that at my home.

For now I have absolutely no problems with my Karma and I don't want to do anything wrong that might trigger any issues.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
I have never let the car go to sleep first before plugging it in and never had a charging issue. I do wait until the cooling fan is off though. I never tried what would happen if I did not wait for it to go off.
I did this both in 6.14 & 6.15
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
My cooling fans never stop until about 5 seconds after the PRND light goes out. In other words, I suspect if you wait to plug it in until the fans have stopped, you have waited for the car to go to sleep.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,662 Posts
Sigurd said:
My cooling fans never stop until about 5 seconds after the PRND light goes out. In other words, I suspect if you wait to plug it in until the fans have stopped, you have waited for the car to go to sleep.
I think this falls under the "Best Practices" list. I do wait for the car to go to full sleep before plugging in the connector, even at home where the actual charging typically starts several hours later. Just seems to work and there is no real downside to it. I also do the same thing at public charging stations and have never had any problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
854 Posts
WOJO said:
Do I need to wait until my car goes to sleep (about 2min) before I can start charging my Karma? I do that at my home.
Hopefully that is fixed soon. Having to wait around before you plug in really reduces the convenience factor.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,662 Posts
doug said:
WOJO said:
Do I need to wait until my car goes to sleep (about 2min) before I can start charging my Karma? I do that at my home.
Hopefully that is fixed soon. Having to wait around before you plug in really reduces the convenience factor.
Not really a big deal. I use the time to check my emails.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
It's a good time to admire how beautiful your car is from outside. Nice big ass to look at before you plug it in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
854 Posts
A positive attitude certainly helps one deal with (enjoy, even) the quirks. =)

Still though, I'd rate it a high priority on the list of things to be fixed. It adds fodder to the Fox News pundits that say plugging in is such a hassle.
 

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
doug said:
A positive attitude certainly helps one deal with (enjoy, even) the quirks. =)

Still though, I'd rate it a high priority on the list of things to be fixed. It adds fodder to the Fox News pundits that say plugging in is such a hassle.
From the webinar today, there is a fix available for download at your dealership for the MIL being lit because of plugging in the charger "prematurely". It will also be part of 6.20, planned for mid-June.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top