Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beware of any Twitter direct messages from @ChargedEVs

I follow ChargedEV Magazine on Twitter. I just received an email from Twitter with a subject of "Subject: CHARGED EVs Magazine (@ChargedEVs) has sent you a direct message on Twitter!"

The content of the email was:

"i cant believe this but there are some real nasty things being said about you here nmx.kr/s"
Direct message sent by CHARGED EVs Magazine (@ChargedEVs) to you (@LonePalmBJ) on Feb 17, 9:43 AM.

The shortened URL redirects to a phishing site with an litwitter.com domain name, which is a known spammer/scammer site. It presents a mocked up Twitter login page which captures your credentials. It then uses these credentials to log into your twitter account and spam all of your followers in the same way.

ChargedEV: Your twitter credentials may have been compromised.

Some info on the scam here.

·
Registered
169 Posts
LonePalmBJ said:
Beware of any Twitter direct messages from @ChargedEVs

I follow ChargedEV Magazine on Twitter. I just received an email from Twitter with a subject of "Subject: CHARGED EVs Magazine (@ChargedEVs) has sent you a direct message on Twitter!"

The content of the email was:

"i cant believe this but there are some real nasty things being said about you here nmx.kr/s"
Direct message sent by CHARGED EVs Magazine (@ChargedEVs) to you (@LonePalmBJ) on Feb 17, 9:43 AM.

The shortened URL redirects to a phishing site with an litwitter.com domain name, which is a known spammer/scammer site. It presents a mocked up Twitter login page which captures your credentials. It then uses these credentials to log into your twitter account and spam all of your followers in the same way.

ChargedEV: Your twitter credentials may have been compromised.

Some info on the scam here.
Thanks. I got one. Thank goodness I didn't sign in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts